Eastern India’s first Bharat Gaurav Tourist circuit train for Jyotirlinga Yatra commenced its journey from Kolkata station, as a step further towards realising the vision of Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi to showcase India’s rich cultural heritage and magnificent historical places to the people of India and the world.
- Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw, Minister of Railways, elaborated that the introduction of theme-based tourist circuit Bharat Gaurav Trains will augment the core strength of the professionals of tourism sector would be leveraged to develop/identify tourist circuits and run theme- based trains to tap the vast tourism potential of India.
- Passengers Boarding the Bharat Gaurav train for Jyotirlinga Yatra witnessed the historic moment of flagging off of this coveted train from Kolkata station, by Shri Amar Prakash Dwivedi, General Manager/Eastern Railway in presence of Smt. Rajni Hasija, Chief Managing Director/IRCTC and Shri Zafar Azam, GGM/IRCTC/East Zone.
- Passengers of this Bharat Gaurav train, thanked Hon’ble Prime Minister for his vision about such theme-based tourist trains for pilgrimage and expressed their happiness by getting the chance for the hassle free Jyotirlinga Yatra by this Bharat Gaurav special tourist train which by embarking its journey from Kolkata on May 20, 2023 will be heading for Jyotirlinga temple destinations.
- It will cover the pilgrimage Omkareshwar, Mahakaleshwar, Somnath, Nageswar, and Trimbakeshwar and also Sainagar Shirdi over 11 nights and 12 days in a new LHB rake. It will cover Bandel Jn, Barddhaman, Bolpur Shantiniketan, Rampurhat, Pakur, Sahibganj Jn, Kahalgaon, Bhagalpur, Jamalpur Junction within Eastern Railway’s jurisdiction.
- After covering the tour of Jyotirlingas at Ujjain, Vishvamitri, Veraval, Dwarka, Nasik & also the famous pilgrimage at Sainagar Shirdi and will return to Kolkata on the night of 31.05.2023.
- While Shri Amar Prakash Dwivedi, General Manager/Eastern Railway and Smt. Rajni Hasija, Chief Managing Director /IRCTC interacting with the passengers, many of the senior citizens on board repeatedly thanked Hon’ble Prime Minister and Hon’ble Minister of Railways for introduction of Bhaarat Gurav trains specially designed for pilgrimage.
Speaking on the occasion, General Manager/Eastern Railway, Shri Amar Prakash Dwivedi said that, the Bharat Gaurav train is designed by the Government of India for the most comfortable pilgrimage journey. He also interacted with the passengers on board and all the patrons of this train expressed their satisfaction regarding quality of service provided by Indian Railways in general and IRCTC in particular.
Source: Eastern Railway- Press Release | Images Credit: Eastern Railway
Be the first to comment