Share with your network
Eastern Railway’s Howrah Division completed the construction work for a Limited Height Subway (LHS) in replacement of Level Crossing Gate No. 6/2 between Jirat and Guptipara stations in Bandel – Katwa section.
- In accomplishment of Eastern Railway’s mission of increasing sectional speed by replacing level crossings, construction wing of ER’s Howrah Division completed the construction work for a Limited Height Subway (LHS) in replacement of Level Crossing Gate No. 6/2 between Jirat and Guptipara stations in Bandel – Katwa section.
- The construction work for this LHS completed one hour before the scheduled duration of traffic and power block was taken for this purpose on 22.1.2023, which was possible due to better planning and perfect coordination in between various departments of Eastern Railway at work site.
- Nine (09) precast reinforced cement concrete segments of size 7.2m×5.85m were placed safely to complete the tunnel of the LHS. Construction of this Limited Height Subway will not only enhance sectional speed by increasing average speed of Mail/Express as well as Goods trains but also ensure safety for both Rail and Road traffic.
- Besides, early construction of this LHS will provide more operational flexibilities and at the same time it will significantly bring down greenhouse gas in the locality by diminishing the bunching of road traffic.
- In the shadow of this traffic block, various other capacity building and safety related work were also accomplished for the sake of seamless train operations by minimising the need for separate traffic blocks.
Source: Eastern Railway- Press Release | Images Credit: Eastern Railway
Be the first to comment