Gati Shakti Cargo Terminal Policy has recently been launched by Hon’ble Prime Minister which seems to be a game changer in the field of traffic transportation in terms of improving speed & mobility, reducing logistic cost and enhancing capacity.
- In compliance with the proliferation of newly implemented Gati Shakti Cargo Terminal Policy adopted by Indian Railways, Eastern Railway’s Howrah Division has started operation of its first Gati Shakti Cargo Terminal at Pakur.
- The first coal loaded freight rake flagged from Pakur siding on 12th December, 2022 for Ropar Thermal Power Plant at Punjab. This much awaited movement will fetch ₹1.2 crore Railway revenue per rake with expected 4 rake loading per day.
- Earlier, coal rake from Pakur was loaded through joint collaboration of PANEM and loading was discontinued on 1st April 2015. The PSPCL (Punjab State Power Corporation Ltd.).
- Authority assured local people that the company will provide employment for the villagers and arrange for a development programme through CSR.
- It will, therefore, provide job opportunities to the local people through various means like deployment as skilled or unskilled labour, supply of vehicles and other modes from time to time.
Source: Eastern Railway- Press Release | Image Credit (representational): MoR