Egis has signed the Contract Agreement with Dhaka Mass Transit Company Limited (DMTCL) for the design of the Dhaka Metro Line 5 South. Egis, leader of the consortium, will work in partnership with SMEC and OCG.
- The project is funded by Asian Development Bank (ADB) under the Ministry of Road Transport & Bridges.
- The proposed length of this route will be 17.4 km including 4.6 km of elevated (Aftabnagar Center-Balirpar) and 12.8 km of underground (Gabtoli-Aftabnagar West) section which will include a total 14 stations.
- Southern Metro Rail will carry nearly 1 million passengers each day.
- The Bangladesh Government is planning to build Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) line 5, commonly known as southern metro rail, in Dhaka.
- The 3-year project is divided into three distinct phases:
- Review and revision of the feasibility study during nine months.
- Detailed design of the civil engineering and systems up to the DCE for fifteen months.
- Assistance in the evaluation of bids and in the selection of builders.
- Egis teams will be in charge of project management, architecture and technical trades for all stations, civil engineering for the underground stations and the design of almost all the rail systems.
- With this first contract in Bangladesh, Egis continues its development in metro projects in south Asia.
About the Egis group:
- A major international group in the construction engineering and mobility services sectors, Egis creates and operates intelligent infrastructure and buildings capable of responding to the climate emergency and addressing the major challenges of our time by helping to achieve more balanced, sustainable and resilient territorial development.
- A 75%-owned subsidiary of Caisse des Dépôts, with the remaining 25% held by partner executives and employees, Egis places its multiple fields of expertise at the disposal of the community and makes cutting-edge innovation accessible to all projects throughout their lifecycle: consulting, engineering, operation.
- Through its wide-ranging fields of activity, Egis is a central player in the collective organisation of society and the living environment of its inhabitants all over the world.
About Egis in India:
Egis is present in India for around 25 years and has been actively associated with high profile projects that include 8 Mass Rapid Transit System (Metro) and Semi-High Speed Regional Rail Transit System around Delhi, Sustainable Development of 3 Smart Cities (Chandigarh, Bhubaneshwar and Ajmer), Atal Mission for Rejuvenation of Urban Transformation (AMRUT) and Housing for All PMAY projects in Madhya Pradesh; Specialize High Rise Structure like Statue of Unity in Gujarat and Chatrapati Shivaji Memorial Statue in Mumbai, National Waterway and Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust; Many Expressways, Mumbai Coastal Roads, National Highways, State Highways, Rural roads partnering 29 Indian States in various geographical areas; 3 Airports (Lucknow, Trichy and Pune), Dam Rehabilitation and Improvement Project (DRIP) of around 250 dams, one of the largest of its kind in India and many more prestigious projects.
Source: Egis-Press Release