Share with your network
Egis, the lead partner, in joint venture with AECOM and LBG, Egis has been awarded for the General Consultancy contract of the Bengaluru Suburban Rail Project (BSRP).
- Bengaluru Suburban Rail Project (BSRP), a commuter rail, will link Bengaluru to its satellite townships, suburbs, and surrounding rural areas by a rail-based rapid-transit system network.
- This network will comprise of 4 corridors, 64 stations and cover 148.17kmn. This huge project is helmed by Karnataka’s Rail Infrastructure Development Company (K-RIDE), a joint venture of the Govt of Karnataka and the Ministry of Railways.
- The 4 corridors of BSRP will act like a connecting bridge between rural and urban areas. Indeed this major project will enhance rural-urban connectivity, ease traffic congestion, and provide a cleaner mobility solution to lakhs of daily commuters.
- For the comfort of passenger, the trains will be air-conditioned.
- The suburban stations will be enabled with Metro-like ticketing and promote smart card-based cashless travel.
Egis as general consultant:
- As General Consultant on BSRP, the Egis teams will take a central position within the project and require advanced technical expertise. They will provide expert consultancy services for planning organization (review of station and corridor planning), finalization, and verification of the detailed designs and of the alignment.
- Moreover, Egis will prepare the specifications, bid documents and tender assistance. This mission includes project and interface management but also construction supervision, safety in accordance with Government (National and State) legal framework, quality, testing and commissioning. This include consultancy services during O&M phase as well.
- The duration of the project is for 4 years and 12 months more for operations & maintenance services.
- Egis as an international engineering consultancy firm with strong presence in Railways and Metro systems, are proud to be part of this ambitious project for KRIDE.
- This project represents another major success for the Egis teams in India, which anchors our strong position in the region.
Source: Egis in India- Press Release
Be the first to comment