IRCON International Limited has issued a Letter of Acceptance (LOA) to Encorp Powertrans Private Limited for Design, Supply, Installation, Testing & Commissioning of 25 kV, AC, 50 Hz, Single Phase Railway Electrification works of NEW Line and modification of Existing Electrified Lines of Kashichak-Tilaiya section (50 RKM) & Augmentation of 2 nos. SSPs in connection with Kiul-Gaya Doubling Project of East Central Railway.
- Tender Reference Number: IRCON/ELECT/2067/KG TENDER OHE and PSI/PKG-03
- Awarded Value: INR 36.61 Crore
- Completion Period: 24 Month
In February this year, the IRCON International had invited online bids for the Tender: IRCON/ELECT/2067/KG TENDER OHEand PSI/PKG-03.
About the Project:
- IRCON International Limited has been entrusted with Railway Electrification work for the new second line of Kiul-Gaya section of East Central Railway.
- Kiul-Gaya section is a connecting line of Howrah-Delhi main line via Patna and Howrah-Delhi GC line of East Central Railway.
- Presently Kiul-Gaya section of East Central Railway has a single non electrified Track of BG line and uses both up and down direction Trains.
- The new second line which is being constructed by IRCON International Ltd is to be electrified.
- The alignment of the new second line will run parallel and close to the existing track of the Kiul-Gaya route at a distance of 6.3 Mtr except diversion at major bridge locations.
- The new second line takes off from Lakhisarai yard and ends at Manpur Yard.
- The new second line will be called the DN line while the existing track will be referred to as the UP line.
Scope of Work:
- The scope of work includes Design, Supply, Installation, Testing & Commissioning of 25 kV, AC, 50 Hz, Single Phase Railway Electrification works of NEW Line and modification of Existing Electrified Lines of Kashichak- Tilaiya section (50 RKM) & Augmentation of 2 nos. SSPs in connection with Kiul-Gaya Doubling Project of East Central Railwayas per approved design and specifications. The scope of work includes provision of new feeder lines and dismantling of existing feeder lines wherever required.
- The scope of work shall also include any and all works, supplies and services for construction and completion of all works as specified in Bill of Quantities as per Technical Specifications.
- The Contractor shall also execute all such works which, in the opinion of the Employer, are required to be executed for the successful completion of the work. All such works shall be deemed to have been included in the original scope of the tender.
- Contractor shall obtain necessary clearance for his staff/agents from Engineering-in-charge of the employer & Client East Central Railway if required.
- The detailed scope of work described hereunder is only indicative in nature and shall be deemed inclusive of all items to be executed for its completion as per Specifications and Drawings.
- The survey is to be carried out keeping in view the existing electrified single line.
- The work is to be executed as per the latest specification and drawings issued by RDSO/CORE/employer.
- The contractor shall submit a detailed construction delivery program (Method statement) for completion of entire work along with schedule of deployment of proposed resources within 28 days from the date issue of LOA.
- The contractor shall be held responsible for security of installations from theft/damage (OHE, TSS &SP/SSP) till handing over of the installations to the Railway Authority. The contractor shall deploy sufficient security personnel for the security of installations in the night.
- Clearing of released/dismantled materials/equipment from the site immediately after removal and handing over of the same to the authorized Railway Representative through the employer’s Engineer at the nearest store of the concerned authority (TRD) by obtaining proper handing over certificate from TRD department.
- The released materials on account of modification/alterations shall be accounted for by the contractor in the presence of employer Engineer and Railway representative except for the material permitted to re-use by the Engineer for which only erection charges shall be paid under the appropriate item of the schedule.
- In case any shortfall of released material is noticed at the time of completion of the work, the contractor shall be liable to pay for the shortfall materials as per the prevailing rates or the same shall be recovered from the final bill of the contractor.
- Photography and or videography before and after execution of work shall be done, if necessary, for record.
- The Contractor shall arrange clearing of site, required Dismantling, shifting of left over utility etc. of their own. Safety bands, Ribbons and other gadgets for Construction site & workmen shall be maintained as per approved scheme.
- The contractor shall carry out installation of components based upon the rules, regulations and various applicable Indian standards, approved drawings, design & approved methodology, following codal provisions and requirements etc. for all safe & sound completion of the Work by providing his own Manpower, Machineries and Materials etc.
- To organize, conduct & maintain quality control tests and records for day to day work on a regular basis.
- The contractor shall ensure that the work is executed conforming to the approved design, drawings and specifications. For execution of the Work, the contractor has to follow the quality Assurance, Safety, Health & Environment guidelines as provided with this tender. The Engineers to be deployed by the Contractor shall work under the direction of the Engineer-in-charge.
- All facilities & equipment required for construction & quality control during execution of entire work, have to be provided by the contractor.
- Loading/unloading & transportation of materials from the store to the work site and head loading of materials at site, fabrication of new cantilevers, jumpers etc. and arranging of Tools & Tackles whichever is required shall be in the scope of the contractor.
- The Contractor shall deploy experienced engineers, supervisors, skilled Fitters/Technicians/ staff for execution of the contract.
- The list of staff to be submitted to the Employer before execution of the work.
- The Contractor shall ensure timely completion of the contract.
- The successfully completed works shall be handed over to the concerned authority (Railway).
About IRCON International Limited:
- IRCON International Limited is a Miniratna (Category – I) Schedule A Public Sector Enterprise and a leading turnkey Construction Company in the public sector known for quality, commitment and consistency in terms of performance.
- The core competence of IRCON is in Railways, Highways & Extra High Tension substation engineering and Construction.
- The company has executed projects operated in the areas of Railway construction including ballast less track, electrification, tunneling, signal & telecommunication as well as leasing of locos, construction of roads, highways, commercial, industrial & residential buildings and complexes, airport runway and hangars, metro and mass rapid transit system, etc.
- IRCON has widespread operations in several states in India and other countries (Malaysia, Nepal, Bangladesh, South Africa, Algeria and Sri Lanka).
Source: IRCON-Tender update | Image Credit (representational): MoR