Aerodynamic modular design of the new MOVIA metros will offer a host of safety, security, and environmental benefits along with a great passenger experience.
- The Movia metro family offers the latest technology combined with proven and reliable components. Built with light but strong stainless steel car bodies, the CO2 sensor-based air-conditioned cars are developed with a strong emphasis on eco-friendly design to eliminate hazardous substances providing a safer environment for passengers.
- These trains are equipped with modern passenger information systems, automated sliding doors, comfortable seating & standing spaces, dedicated areas for entry of specially-abled, who use wheelchairs, to provide an accessible and welcoming environment for passengers. Powered with modern energy-efficient propulsion systems with regenerative braking, this is a sustainable alternative to other modes of transport, thus reducing energy consumption.
- The trains will be equipped with FLEXX™metro bogies and MITRAC™ propulsion system to increase energy efficiency, reduce operating costs, and ensure the new trains meet the highest environmental standards. Each train will accommodate approximately 960 passengers in the three-car configuration.
- Alstom will also be equipping the Agra metro lines with an advanced signalling solution CITYFLO™ 650. The trains have been designed at Alstom’s engineering centre in Hyderabad with signalling solutions developed at Gurgaon and will be manufactured at their manufacturing facility in Savli (Gujarat), under the ‘Make in India’ and ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat’ initiatives.
- Alstom India has a history of successfully delivering world-class metro trains for major cities, including Delhi, Chennai, Mumbai, Lucknow, Kochi in India and internationally for Sydney, Queensland, and Montreal.
- Movia metros have been delivered to many cities around the world, such as London, Delhi, Stockholm, and Singapore. For the domestic market, Alstom is currently manufacturing metro trains for Mumbai Metro Line 3, Bhopal-Indore, and modern trainsets for India’s first semi high-speed Delhi-Meerut RRTS corridor.
- Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. From high-speed trains, metros, monorails, trams, to turnkey systems, services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility.
- Alstom offers its diverse customers the broadest portfolio in the industry. 150,000 vehicles in commercial service worldwide attest to the company’s proven expertise in project management, innovation, design and technology.
- In 2021, the company was included in the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices, World and Europe, for the 11th consecutive time. Headquartered in France and present in 70 countries, Alstom employs more than 74,000 people. The Group posted revenues of €15.5 billion for the fiscal year ending on 31 March 2022.
About Alstom in India:
- Alstom is the only multinational sustainable mobility provider in India, to have a comprehensive portfolio of offerings to meet customer specific needs, from cost-efficient mass-market platforms to high-end technological innovations.
- Synonymous with the country’s ‘Rail Revolution’, Alstom continues to be a strategic partner in supporting India’s freight revolution and passenger movement. With 6 industrial sites and 4 major engineering centers, the company not only caters to domestic project needs, but also delivers for many international projects.
- Supporting the government’s modernization initiatives, Alstom has been at the forefront of introducing several breakthrough technologies in India with world class rolling stock, rail equipment & infrastructure, signalling and services. Fully aligned with the country’s vision of Make-in-India and Atmanirbhar Bharat, Alstom remains deeply committed to strengthening its local sourcing and supply chain ecosystem.
Source: Alstom -Press Release