Gujarat Metro Rail Corporation (GMRC) Limited has invited tenders for “Selection of Consultant for Preparation of Detailed Project Report (DPR) for Rail Based Mass Transit with Metro-Neo/Metro-Lite System for Vadodara, Rajkot, Bhavnagar and Jamnagar”.
- The DPR shall include all requisite studies, including:
- Market study
- Demand assessment
- Conceptual plans conforming to rules and regulations and recommendations for the development mechanism to be followed
- The project development proposed shall be with utmost consideration for the ecology of the existing surroundings.
- The GMRC intends to select the Consultant through an open competitive bidding in accordance with the procedure set out herein.
- GMRC was incorporated by the Government of Gujarat to implement Ahmedabad Metro Rail Project, Phase-1. The Company was restructured and with effect from 20th March 2015, the company has been converted into 50:50 SPV of Government of India and Government of Gujarat.
- GMRC is implementing Ahmedabad Metro Rail Project Phase-I, Phase–II and Surat Metro Rail Project Phase-I with an objective of providing safe, fast and eco-friendly transportation services to the public at affordable rates while simultaneously reducing congestion on roads.
- Tender No.: GMRC/DPR/01/2021
- Name of Work: “Selection of Consultant for Preparation of Detailed Project Report (DPR) for Rail Based Mass Transit with Metro-Neo/Metro-Lite System for Vadodara, Rajkot, Bhavnagar and Jamnagar”.
- Completion Period of work: 5 Months
- Prebid Meeting: 07-06-2021, 11:30 Hrs
- Last Date and time of submission of E-Tender: 29-06-2021
Objective is to prepare Detailed Project (feasibility) Report for Rail based MRTS Metro-Neo/Lite in urban planning areas including the Municipal Corporation area for the city.
The Consultant shall prepare Detailed Project Report for the Rail based MRTS for the purpose of meeting the requirements of GMRC in respect of development and construction of an MRTS network out of which recommendation of a set of priority corridor(s) and choice of mode for the MRTS with a view to ensure:
- High level of safety and high level of service standards for the MRTS users
- High operation and maintenance standards enabling optimized operational efficiency of the MRTS
- Minimal adverse impact on the local population due to construction of the MRTS
- Minimal adverse impact on environment
- Unlocking land values and Optimum usage of land available
- Exploring the possibility of engaging into Transit Oriented Development in order to improve the financial viability of the Project and make it even more beneficial for the communities it serves
- Phased development of the MRTS and its ease of implementation, financial viability and contribute in improving urban areas quality of life through this project
- A Sustainable public transit plan for the city.
Scope of Work:
The Scope of Work is articulated to meet the assignment objective through two parts:
- Part-1: Identification of Corridors and the Metro-Neo/lite Network (100 days from start)
- Part-2: Detailed Project Report for Implementation of Metro-Neo/lite (150 days from start)
The Scope for the Detailed Project Report will broadly follow the guidelines of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India w.r.t. Civil works, System works and financial/cost planning etc.
Following major heads are to be pondered in respective two parts and in line with the overall scope of works:
|Part-1: Identification of Corridors and the Metro-Neo/Lite Network||Part-2: Detailed Project Report for Implementation of Metro-Neo/Lite|
Part-1: Identification of Corridors and the Metro-Neo/Lite Network
- Overall project report preparation is expected to have both Part-1 and Part-2 getting executed in tandem.
- Specifically, for Part-1 towards confirming of Metro-Neo/Lite network, all available data/reports/plans/projects-schemes/CMP etc. need to be collected and best utilized.
- Ground validation with representative primary data shall be undertaken to justify various analysis and selection.
- Not necessarily limited to following but exploration beyond the stated brief in complete fulfillment of robust network shall be undertaken:
- Assessment of city development and mobility scenario
- Identification of growth centers and corridors for rapid transit network
- Carry out initial demand analysis
- Establish Metro Neo/Lite Network
- Discuss and finalize the network proposals in consultation with the Municipal Corporation, Development Authority, GMRC and the Government of Gujarat
Part-2: Detailed Project Report for Implementation of Metro Neo/Lite
Towards meeting project objective following scope; but not limited to it, shall be executed in full in consultation with all stakeholders. Where required in place guidelines and standards need to be adopted in close interaction with GMRC.
Source: GMRC-Tender | Image Credit: MoHUA