The Government has proposed to disinvest its equity shareholding of 26% in BEML Limited out of its shareholding of 54.03% by way of strategic disinvestment to investor(s) along with transfer of management control.
- The Government Of India (GOI) has appointed SBI Capital Markets Limited (SBICAP) as its Transaction Advisor to advise and manage the strategic disinvestment process.
- This disinvestment process is to be implemented through an open competitive bidding route.
- A Preliminary Information Memorandum (PIM) for the process of Strategic Disinvestment can be downloaded from websites of Department of Investment and Public Asset Management (DIPAM) at www.dipam.gov.in, MoD at www.mod.gov.in, company at www.bemlindia.in and Transaction Advisor at www.sbicaps.com.
- For any future information/amendments/ corrigenda, kindly refer to above websites only or contact the Transaction Advisor.
|Publication of advertisement and floating of EoI||January 4, 2021|
|Start date for receiving queries||January 4, 2021|
|Last date for invitation of queries through email/ physical copy||February 1, 2021|
|Last date for release of response to queries on the below mentioned websites||February 15, 2021|
|Last date & time for submission of EoIs (Due Date)||March 1, 2021 (1700 hours)|
|Last date for submission of Physical Copies for IBs submitting electronically||March 16, 2021 (1700 hours)|
- Interested Bidders (IBs) who meet the eligibility criteria mentioned in the PIM, may submit their EOI in either physical form or electronic form via e-mail at the address mentioned below, on or before 5:00 PM (Indian Standard Time) of 1st March, 2021.
- However, IBs submitting EOI by e-mail shall also be required to submit the EOI in a physical copy in a sealed, covering envelope clearly marked “Private and Confidential – Expression of Interest for the Strategic Disinvestment of BEML” at the below mentioned address, not later than 5:00 PM (Indian Standard Time) of 16th March, 2021.
Address for submission of EOI:
Ms Apeksha Munwanee, Vice President, Investment Banking SBI Capital Markets Ltd, 202, Maker Tower ‘E’, Cuffe Parade, Mumbai – 400 005, Maharashtra, India E-mail for electronic submission of EOI: firstname.lastname@example.org
About BEML Limited:
BEML Limited (“BEML”) or (the “Company”) is a Miniratna Category-1 Public Sector Undertaking, under the administrative control of the Ministry of Defence (MoD). The Company was incorporated on 11th May 1964. The Company operates under 3 major business verticals – viz. Mining & Construction, Defence, and Rail & Metro.
The Company with its corporate office in Bengaluru has 9 manufacturing units spread over four locations:
- Bengaluru Complex (Bengaluru):
- Rail & Metro Division
- Kolar Gold Fields (“KGF”) Complex (around 100 Km from Bengaluru):
- Earth Movers Division (“EM”)
- Hydraulic & Power line Division (“H&P”)
- Heavy Fabrication Unit
- Rail Coach Unit II (RCU II)
- Mysuru Complex (around 140 Km from Bengaluru):
- Truck Division
- Engine Division
- Aerospace Manufacturing Division
- Palakkad Complex:
- Manufactures ground support equipment
- Railway Aggregates – Car bodies and Bogie Assembly
Source: BEML-Press Release | Image Credit: BEML