Consortium of M/s.GPS Technologies Pvt Ltd – M/s. Shri Krishna Enviro Global Engineering Services Pvt. Ltd. has bagged the contract from National High Speed Rail Corporation Limited (NHSRCL) for “Carrying out Environmental Impact Assessment Study/Field work and Preparation of Environment Impact Assessment Report & Environment Management Plan for Mumbai-Nashik-Nagpur High Speed Rail Corridor (About 753kms long).”
- Contract Package No.: NHSRCL/CO/CA/EIA/2020/30
- Name of work: Carrying out Environmental Impact Assessment Study/Field work and Preparation of Environment Impact Assessment Report & Environment Management Plan for Mumbai-Nashik-Nagpur High Speed Rail Corridor (About 753kms long).”
- Completion period of the Work: 6 months
In October this year, the NHSRCL had invited online open e-tenders for the work Contract: NHSRCL/CO/CA/EIA/2020/30.
Objective Of Assignment:
The overall objective of carrying out Environment Impact Assessment (EIA) is to assist NHSRCL in identifying environment and social impacts; prepare commensurate management plans to mitigate the identified issues and; ensure that the proposed works are designed and constructed in line with the regulations made by Govt. of India, State Governments and guidelines of World Bank.
Scope Of Services:
The main tasks envisaged under this work includes:
- Environmental Impact Assessment Study and Preparation of Environment ImpactAssessment Report and Environment Management & Monitoring Plan: This will broadly include: Carrying out necessary surveys/investigations and establishing a credible baseline for one complete season except monsoon; carrying out stakeholder consultations as per guidelines of MoEF&CC and World Bank; Assessment of impacts due to project; Preparation of commensurate management, monitoring, mitigation plans; Preparation of cost estimates (including rate analysis) and other inputs for the EMP following the guidelines of World Bank and; Ensure/facilitate appropriate disclosure of documents.
- Preparation of necessary documents, forms, applications, maps and studies as required for obtaining various applicable permissions required from ministries / authorities like Ministry of Forest, Ministry of Environment & climate Change, Wildlife Department, Specified Zones etc. including preparation of work flow chart with time lines, fee requirement by concerned authorities for each of the clearance required for project development.
- Collection of Primary and secondary data, and the extent to which it is to be collected on either side of the ROW shall be guided by relevant Government/funding agency guidelines or good industrial practices as accepted by concerned authorities, in case relevant Government/funding agency guidelines are not available. The number of samples for monitoring, data collection, study area and other parameters mentioned in the TOR are indicative, ;relevant Government/funding agency guidelines shall be applicable.
Details of above main tasks are given below:
- Environmental Impact Assessment Study and Preparation of Environment Impact Assessment Report and Environment Management & Monitoring Plan The Contractor shall carry out the environmental impacts assessment study to understand the environmental impacts due to this project and prepare and submit the EIA Report containing mitigation measures and environment management & monitoring plan along with costs in a manner consistent with guidelines & policy of World Bank/ADB/JICA and in line with the applicable laws & regulations of the Government of India and concerned State Governments.
Source: NHSRCL-Tender Update | Image Credit (representational): NHSRCL