India is experiencing phenomenal growth in urban population in the last few decades. As a result, cities are witnessing tremendous growth in vehicular growth and the share of private modes of transport such as two-wheelers and four-wheelers is increasing exponentially. To increase the share of public transport, many Indian cities are developing world-class Rail based Mass Rapid Transit Systems (MRTS).
Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) – Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) has launched IGBC Green Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS) Rating exclusively designed to address green practices during design, construction and operation of metro and monorail systems. The rating system is developed with the active participation and support of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (DMRC), Chennai Metro Rail Ltd, L&T Metro Rail (Hyderabad) Ltd, Kochi Metro Rail Ltd, Kolkata Metro Rail Corporation Ltd and other key stakeholders of the industry.
To accelerate the green metro movement in the country, CII in association with DMRC Ltd is organising the 4th edition of National Conference on Green Metro Systems on 6th December 2019 at DMRC, Metro Bhawan, New Delhi.
- Trends in Planning & Execution of World-class Green metro systems
- Multi-modal Integration
- Green Building Materials & Technologies
- Water & Waste Technologies
- Energy Efficient Rolling Stock
- Efficient Equipment & Systems
- Fresh air ventilation strategies for Underground stations
- Green Operations & Maintenance of Metro Systems
- Integration of Renewable Energy Technologies
- Station Management System
- Enhancement of Commuter experience
Green Metro Systems 2019