Hindustan Construction Company Ltd. (HCC), in a joint venture with Vensar Constructions Company Limited (VCCL), has been awarded Rs. 236 crore orders in two separate contracts from the Northeast Frontier Railway for the construction of Single Line BG Tunnels Lot 14A and Lot 15A on a 51.38 km long Bairabi Sairang New BG Rail line in Manipur. HCC share in the JV is 55% (i.e. Rs.130 crore).
Scope of work:
- Lot 14A involves the construction of single line BG Tunnel 14A (~160 M), BG two-line Tunnel 12A (~160 M) and balance work of Tunnel 11C (~120 M), Tunnel 11A (Lining for ~680 M) Tunnel 11B (~445 M), Tunnel 6B (Lining for ~160 M) including all other ancillary works between Hortoki and Mualkhang stations.
- Lot 15A involves the construction of Single Line BG Tunnels 15A (~182 M), 15B (~200 M) and 15C (~190 M), balance work of bridge 79, and construction of minor bridges 78A, 83, 84, 86, 87 and embankment /sub-bank work for 1.8 km between Hortoki and Mualkhang stations in Mizoram.
About the project:
- Indian Railways is implementing various projects to improve its network across North-East India.
- One of the major railway projects, 51.38 Km long Bairabi-Sairang New BG Rail line, is all set to give a massive boost to the rail connectivity in the region, as it will connect Mizoram to the Indian Railways network up to Bairabi railway station, which is the gateway to the state.
- The new rail line project includes 32 underground tunnels, 55 major bridges, 87 minor bridges, 16 cut and cover tunnels, 5 Road Under Bridges (RUB), and 5 Road Over Bridges (ROB).
- The line will cover four railway stations, namely Hortoki, Kawnpui, Mualkhang, and Sairang stations.
HCC is a business group of global scale developing and building responsible infrastructure through next practices. With an engineering heritage of nearly 100 years, HCC has executed a majority of India’s landmark infrastructure projects, having constructed 27% of India’s Hydro Power generation and 60% of India’s Nuclear Power generation capacities, over 3,960 lane km of Expressways and Highways, more than 360 km of complex Tunnelling and 383 Bridges.
Today, HCC Ltd. serves the infrastructure sectors of Transportation, Power and Water. The HCC Group, with a group turnover of Rs.9,437 crore, comprises of HCC Ltd., HCC Infrastructure Co. Ltd., and Steiner AG in Switzerland.
Source: HCC-Press Release | Image Credit (representational): MoR