The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (DMRC) has issued a Letter of Acceptance (LOA) to M/s Himcon Engineers (I) Pvt. Ltd. for Civil Works for Remodeling & Augmentation of Mukundpur Metro Depot cum Workshop including design, fabrication, supply & erection of pre-fabricated steel roof structures, roof portals, purlins, sheeting etc. and water supply, sanitary installation, drainage & site development works at Mukundpur Depot for Line 7 & Line 8 of Delhi MRTS Phase IV Project.
- Name of Work: Contract: DC-27: Civil Works for Remodeling & Augmentation of Mukundpur Metro Depot cum Workshop including design, fabrication, supply & erection of pre-fabricated steel roof structures, roof portals, purlins, sheeting etc. and water supply, sanitary installation, drainage & site development works at Mukundpur Depot for Line 7 & Line 8 of Delhi MRTS Phase IV Project.
- Approximate Cost of work: INR 62.64 Crores
- Completion Period: 30 Months
In March this year, the DMRC invited tenders for Contract: DC-27.
Scope of Works:
To provide for maintenance and stabling facilities for the trains running on Line-8 corridor, an expansion of Depot cum workshop at Mukundpur in Delhi has been planned. The brief scope of the aforementioned work for Remodeling & Augmentation of Mukundpur Metro Depot cum Workshop includes design and construction of Pre-Engineered Buildings for Workshop & Inspection sheds for Line 7 & Line 8 and Storage Sheds (existing architectural similarities to be maintained in the proposed PEB structures).
- The work also includes construction of substructure i.e. foundations, pits, grade slab, RCC columns, beams etc. for PEB buildings, construction of RCC buildings proposed in the Depot for Line 8, diversion of existing utilities, construction of new utilities and dismantling scheme of portion of sheeting/walls of existing Workshop & Inspection Bay of Line 7.
- All the Design of Permanent works for civil construction works (excluding PEB) shall be undertaken by Detailed Design Consultants under arrangement of DMRC, while Design of all temporary works and working drawings (bar bending schedules etc.) and all non-structural works will be in the scope of Contractor. Design of all temporary works shall be done by Structural Design Engineer of the Contractor.
- The Contractor shall submit credentials pertaining to work experience of similar works of Structural Design Engineer and seek NOC from the Employer before commencement of any design works.
The scope of works shall, inter-alia, include the following but not be limited to:
- Site clearance and dismantling of obstructions etc., before commencement of work as specified or as directed.
- True and proper setting out and layout of the works, bench marks and provisions of all necessary labour, instruments and appliances in connection therewith as specified or as directed.
- Construction of foundations for various RCC and Pre-Engineered Buildings as shown in Tender drawings.
- Construction of RCC framed buildings.
- Pre-Engineered Buildings for Workshop & Inspection sheds for Line 7 & Line 8 and Storage Sheds.
- Staircases in steel as per details shown in tender drawings and as directed by the Engineer.
- Flexible and rigid pavement for arterial and feeder roads.
- Plinth protection work.
- Clearing of site and handing over of all the works, as specified or as directed;
- All aspects of quality assurance, including testing of materials and other components of the work, as specified or as directed.
- Maintenance of the completed work during the period as specified.
- Submission of completion (i.e. ‘as-built’) drawing and other related documents as specified or as directed.
- Road works, internal & external water supply, sewerage and drainage system for depot etc.
- Construction of passages/trenches, ducts, cable ducts for crossing of various cables in the depot.
- Erection of Fencing in track area including foundations and Train operator platforms/catwalks
- Any other items for work as may be required to be carried out for completing the work under this contract in all respects in accordance with the provisions of the contract and/or to ensure the structural stability and safety during and after construction.
- Identification of utilities and diversion of the utilities coming in foundation and proposed track area wherever required including protection during construction is included in the scope of works and shall be paid separately under relevant BOQ item. This shall be done with proper liaisoning with the authorities/Dept./other contractors controlling the utilities. The shifting of electric cables and P&T cables are not included in the scope of this work.
The following requirements are to be followed by the Contractor:
- All aspects of quality assurance, including procurement & testing of materials and other components of the work, as specified or as directed.
- Clearing of site and handling over all the works, as directed.
- Maintenance of the completed work during the maintenance period.
- Submission of completion (i.e. as-built) drawings and other related documents and specified.
- Any other requirement to commission the Augmented Depot at Mukundpur for Delhi MRTS Phase IV Project in all respects in accordance with the provisions of the contract and/or to ensure the structure stability and safety during and after construction.
About Himcon Engineers (I) Pvt. Ltd.:
- Himcon Engineers (I) Pvt. Ltd. having its registered office at S-243, 3rd Floor, Greater Kailash-II, New Delhi 110048, is a group of qualified technocrats.
- The Company is promoted by qualified Graduate Civil Engineers having more than 20 years of experience of various types of Civil & Finishing turnkey projects like Commercial, Industrial, Educational, Institutional, Residential, IT Park, Group Housing, Five Star service residences & Hospital.
- It is their distinction that they had worked with the leading Architects of the country like Hafeez contractor, Arcop Associates.
Source: DMRC-Tender Update | Image Credit: DMRC