M/s. Holtec Consulting Private Limited has bagged a contract from National High Speed Rail Corporation Limited (NHSRCL) for Preparation of GADs of Crossing Bridges over Rivers/Canals/Railways and Roads (Expressway, NH & SH and Major District Roads) and GADs of proposed Stations and Maintenance Depots for DPR of Mumbai-Nagpur HSR Corridor.
- Contract Package No.: NHSRCL/CO/CA/GAD/2020/27
- Name of work: Preparation of General Arrangement Drawings (GADs) of Crossing Bridges over Rivers/Canals/Railways and Roads (Expressway, NH & SH and Major District Roads) and GADs of proposed Stations and Maintenance Depots for Detailed Project Report (DPR) of Mumbai-Nagpur HSR Corridor.
- Completion period of the Work: 03 Months
In September this year, the NHSRCL had invited online open e-tenders for the work Contract: NHSRCL/CO/CA/GAD/2020/27.
Scope of work:
- The proposed Mumbai-Nagpur High Speed Rail Corridor is planned along major expressway, national highways, greenfield areas and may be passing through arterial roads of the intermediate city road network. Large number of bridges for crossing rivers, canals, railways and roads shall be required along the proposed alignment of the High Speed Rail Corridor.
- There are 12 stations planned in the proposed corridor including Mumbai and Nagpur. There are 8 Depot/Maintenance Depots planned along the corridor.
- The Contractor is required to prepare GADs of the crossing bridges across rivers, canals, railways, and roads (Expressway, NH & SH and Major District Roads) for the proposed High Speed Rail Corridor. The Contractor is also required to prepare GADs (Layout Plan) of Stations and Maintenance Depots. This will involve the following activities:
- Identification and listing of Crossings Bridges, for the proposed HSR alignment including but not limited to rivers, canals, railways, and roads (Expressway, NH & SH and MDR etc (existing & proposed). The list of crossing bridges shall be got approved from the Employer.
- Interpretation of Hydrological Data e.g. H.F.L., Rainfall data, discharge etc. and data in respect of nearby existing bridges such as bridge length, span arrangement etc., provided by NHSRCL for various rivers, streams etc. crossing the proposed HSR alignment/ROW.
- Interpretation of Geotechnical Data in respect of existing/proposed/under construction bridges, viaduct etc. in vicinity of the proposed HSR alignment provided by NHSRCL.
- Finalisation of span configuration of crossing bridges across river/canal for the proposed High Speed Corridor, based on linear waterway and hydraulic data provided by the Employer, with economical span arrangement. Right of Way (ROW) of existing structures (Roads/Railways/Canals etc.) at Crossing locations to be considered before finalizing span arrangement. The work includes collection of ROW details of these existing structures from relevant authorities/field measurement.
- Finalisation of span configuration of crossing bridges across railways/ express highways/ National and State Highways and Major District Roads for the proposed High Speed Corridor, with economical span arrangement. Right of Way (ROW) of existing structures (Roads/Railways/Canals etc.) at Crossing locations to be considered before finalizing span arrangement. The work includes collection of ROW details of these existing structures from relevant authorities/field measurement.
- Preliminary design shall be carried out for assessment of foundations and substructures for the proposed span arrangement.
- Preparation of list of all crossing bridges in a tabular form and preparation of Key Plan of GAD locations on AutoCAD.
- Preparation of GADs, on AutoCAD, of Crossing Bridges over Rivers (including river training works where required), Canals, Railways, Express Highways, National & State Highways and Major District Roads, adopting ground and rail levels as per Plan and ection provided by the Employer. In case of crossing bridges at major rivers, plan and cross section of protection works.
- Preparation of GADs (layout plan) of Station Yards on AutoCAD. Details regarding number of tracks and their lengths and platform details shall be provided by the Employer.
- Preparation of GADs (layout plan) of Maintenance Depots on AutoCAD. Details regarding number of tracks and their lengths and shall be provided by the Employer. Each GAD shall be printed on A3 size paper.
- For span configuration of crossing bridges, NHSRCL proposes to adopt and utilize & propose to use the existing standard set of superstructure for this project as detailed below. Any requirement of additional span of different length or nonstandard span shall be intimated to NHSRCL.
- Up to 45 m crossing length, simply supported PSC box girders of standard spans 25m, 30m, 35m, 40m & 45 m shall be adopted. Beyond this, PSC box girders in continuous configuration (three / four spans) may be adopted.
- For crossing length 60m and beyond steel truss girders with deck slab in Simply Supported spans of 60m, 70m, 80m, 90m and 100m may be adopted. In unavoidable cases continuous configuration may be adopted.
- The works shall be carried out following NHSRCL’s Schedule of Dimension(SOD) for High Speed Rail and various clearances shall be as per codal provisions of the respective authorities.
- While preparing the GADs:
- Each GAD of crossing bridges must include key plan, half top and half bottom plan, and sectional elevation of the crossing bridge incorporating relevant details such as ground level & rail level as per Index Plan and Section provided by the employer, span length, pier and pier cap dimensions, centre to centre distance between two tracks (4.50m), and top width of the viaduct (11.90m – Straight section and 12.4m – Curved Section ). Station and Depot GADs must include general layout of the station/depot including tracks, platforms etc.
- Each GAD must also include title block, general notes, drawing nos. and space for NHSRCL drawing approval number.
- Contractor shall follow best industrial practices.
- Contractor shall comply/incorporate all the comments offered by the Employer on the Draft GADs before submission of the final GADs.
- Detailed design of bridge components is not part of the present consultancy contract. The Contractor shall prepare the GADs based on preliminary investigations/design, his experience and in consultation with the Employer.
Source: NHSRCL-Tender Update