Share with your network
Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw, Hon’ble Minister of Railways, Communications and Electronics & Information Technology, inspected Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus, Central Railway on 09th June, 2022.
- Shri Vaishnaw ji inspected the CSMT building portico, grand staircase, central dome where he prostrated before the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Statue and the Star Chamber where he was explained about the conservation and renovation of CSMT heritage building.
- He interacted with the passengers at the booking window (star chamber), suburban concourse, suburban platform and with commuters in train. He interacted with a lady passenger and enquired about the security of women travellers to which she replied in affirmative and said that she is very satisfied with the security and cleanliness.
- He also interacted with the housekeeping staff about their work. He also interacted with a family of long distance travellers who came from Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Junction and asked about the travelling experience and cleanliness at the station and train. They replied with satisfaction about the same.
- At the mainline concourse, he was explained about the passenger amenities information display. He inspected the ‘One Station One Product’ stall. Later, Shri Vaishnawji laid a wreath at the 26/11 Shaheed Smarak at CSMT. He interacted with the Train Sahayaks (licensed porters), long distance passengers about their journey experience.
- He also inspected public toilets at the station and gallery leading to platform number 18. On his way back, he interacted with the motormen and guards at the lobby at CSMT. He enquired about the working of suburban trains, the lifeline of Mumbai, signals and other aspects related to the working of suburban trains in detail.
- Shri Rahul Narvekar, Hon’ble MLA, Shri Anil Kumar Lahoti, General Manager, Central Railway, Shri Prakash Butani, General Manager incharge, Western Railway, Shri Subhash Chand Gupta, CMD, MRVC and Principal Heads of Departments and officers of Mumbai Division of Central Railway were present during the inspection.
Source: Central Railway -Press Release | Image Credit (representational): MoR
Be the first to comment