- He was accompanied by Sh. Ashutosh Gangal, General Manager, Northern Railway, Principal Heads of the Departments of Northern Railway and senior officers of Moradabad Division.
- Enroute the Hon’ble Minister was briefed about the developmental projects ongoing in and around Dhampur of Moradabad Division in Northern Railway. He was also informed about the various stations falling on this section and the passenger amenities present on them.
- The Hon’ble MoR went around the Dhampur Railway Station and took stock of the passenger amenities present there. He went around the station, inspecting the platforms and the circulating area. He checked the Goods Shed and inquired about its approachability, lighting, drinking water and seating facilities for the businessmen and staff.
- He instructed the officials to create ultra- modern amenities at the station which includes provision of lifts and escalators, adequate seating, catering, drinking water and toilets in the station premises. He also said that facilities in and around the Goods shed should be upgraded so that more and more rail travelers as well as businessmen of the region are attracted towards Railways. He later interacted with the public representatives and the media persons and assured that all modernization works will be completed in the defined time.
- This region is best known for sugarcane agriculture. There is an abundance of Sugar Mills which produce refined sugar and jaggery. The Railways is one of the chief transportation means for these bulk commodities.
- Indian Railways through its Business Development Units (BDU) set up at the divisional levels is now also focusing on the medium and small clients by providing them affordable and convenient logistic solutions.
- The Hon’ble MoR advised the senior officers to explore the possibility of development of a Gati-Shakti freight terminal in Bijnor district for the convenience of freight loading in line with the vision of Hon’ble PM of India.
Source: Northern Railway -Press Release