Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw, Hon’ble Minister of Railways, Communications and Electronics & Information Technology, Govt. of India laid the foundation stone for development of coach maintenance facilities in a function held at Aurangabad Railway station.
- Shri Raosaheb Patil Danve, Hon’ble Minister of State of Railways, Coal and Mines, Govt. of India presided over the function and Dr. Bhagwat Karad, Hon’ble Minister of State of Finance, Govt. of India graced the occasion as Distinguished Guest.
- Shri Arun Kumar Jain, General Manager (In-Charge), SCR, Shri Upinder Singh, Divisional Railway Manager, Nanded Division and other senior Railway officials were also present on the occasion.
The Hon’ble Railway Minister, Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw, stated that Indian Railways will introduce 400 new Vande Bharat trains. Out of these, 100 Vande Bharat trains will be manufactured at Rail Coach Factory in Latur, Maharashtra, he said. Further, he stated that the development of Coach Maintenance facilities at Aurangabad Railway Station not only facilitates maintenance of trains at the station but also enhances the potential to operate more number of Passenger trains and Parcel trains, thereby strengthening Rail connectivity for the people of Marathwada region and also benefiting the freight customers, simultaneously. He stated the new pit line may also facilitate scheduled maintenance of Vande Bharat trains in the near future.
Addressing the gathering, Shri Raosaheb Patil Danve, Hon’ble Minister of State of Railways, Coal and Mines stated that the development of coach maintenance facility at Aurangabad Railway station will strengthen the Rail infrastructure in Marathwada region. He stated that passengers from Aurangabad frequently travel to important cities such as Mumbai, New Delhi, Hyderabad, Bengaluru etc.,. The new pit line with design of 16 coach length will facilitate introduction of more originating passenger trains, which will be beneficial for the people of Aurangabad. The pit line will also facilitate effective maintenance of passenger coaches, he added. Further, the Hon’ble Minister of State of Railways informed that the Government has prioritized development of Rail infrastructure. In this regard, several infrastructure works have been completed and commissioned in the Marathwada region in the past 8 years including doubling, tripling and electrification of important sections, he stated.
During the welcome address, Shri Arun Kumar Jain, General Manager (In-Charge), SCR stated that the development of coach maintenance facility at Aurangabad will facilitate smooth operation of passenger train services and improve coaching operations in the region. The Automatic coach Washing Plant will also immensely help in modernization of coach cleaning and improves aesthetics. I am sure the enhanced Rail facilities will meet the aspirations of rail users, he added.
- Aurangabad railway station situated on Secunderabad – Manmad rail route is a tourism hub with popular tourist destinations like Ellora & Ajanta caves, Daulatabad fort, Grishneswar temple, Bibi ka Maqbara etc. Currently, Aurangabad station handles few passenger train services which originate from here.
- As part of the upgradation of coaching facilities, Indian Railways has proposed for construction of a new CAMTECH design pit line at Aurangabad Railway Station with an estimated cost of around Rs 30 crores.
- The new Pit Line will facilitate maintenance of Passenger Trains, Parcel Trains, Full Tariff Rate (FTR) trains and will also improve the rolling stock maintenance and provide the opportunity to operate more train services.
- Salient Features of new Pit Line at Aurangabad Railway Station;
- One Pit line with CAMTECH design of 16 coach length (400 M)
- Automatic Coach Washing Plant for exterior cleaning of coaches with modern technology.
- Service building for Carriage &Wagon and Train Lighting / AC Staff
- Synchronised jacks, High pressure coach cleaning machine, Air compressors along with overhead tank facility to store water.
- Facility for inspection, cleaning, charging and watering of the coaches.
- Highest standards in Coach cleaning with the introduction Automatic Coach Cleaning Machines
- Shri Sandipan Bhumare, Hon’ble Minister for Employment Guarantee Scheme & Horticulture, Govt of Maharashtra & Guardian Minister, Aurangabad District; Shri Abdul Sattar, Hon’ble Minister for Agriculture, Govt of Maharashtra; Shri Atul Save, Hon’ble Minister for Co-operation and Other Backward Bahujan Welfare, Govt of Maharashtra; Shri Syed Imtiaz Jaleel, Hon’ble MP, Aurangabad; Shri Ambadas Danve, Hon’ble Leader of Opposition, Legislative Council, Maharashtra; Hon’ble MLC – Shri Satish Chavan; Hon’ble MLAs – Shri Sanjay Shirsat; and Shri Haribhau Bagde also participated in the program at Aurangabad.
Source: South Central Railway -Press Release | Images Credit: South Central Railway
Be the first to comment