Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw, Hon’ble Minister of Railways, Communications and Electronics & Information Technology, Govt. of India laid the foundation stone for development of coach maintenance facilities in a function held at Jalna Railway station on 03rd October, 2022.
- Shri Raosaheb Patil Danve, Hon’ble Minister of State of Railways, Coal and Mines, Govt. of India presided over the function and Dr. Bhagwat Karad, Hon’ble Minister of State of Finance, Govt. of India graced the occasion as Distinguished Guest.
- Shri Arun Kumar Jain, General Manager (In-Charge), SCR, Shri Upinder Singh, Divisional Railway Manager, Nanded Division and other senior Railway officials were also present on the occasion.
Speaking on the occasion, Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw, Hon’ble Minister stated that Indian Railways is working towards fulfilling Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s vision of transforming Indian Railways on par with world class infrastructure and facilities, which will be pertinent to the development of the Nation even upto the next 50 years. In this regard, he stated that Railways has undertaken the redevelopment of 199 Railway stations across the Nation with the concept of intelligent building. As part of the same, the redevelopment of Jalna Railway station will also be undertaken. The station will be developed with the theme of Ganpati Mandir which is very famous in Jalna so as to uphold the local culture and heritage, he stated. The Hon’ble Minister also informed that the new design of Jalna Railway station has been approved and the works for redevelopment may also begin shortly. Jalna Railway station will be redeveloped with a spacious roof plaza which includes all passenger amenities at one place along with spaces for retail, cafeterias, recreational facilities. Facilities like food court, waiting lounge, playing area for children, place for local products, etc will also be available, the Minister informed. Out of the 199 stations selected for redevelopment, tenders have been issued for 47 stations and Master planning and design for the remaining is underway. Work is progressing fast for 32 stations, he added.
In addition, the Hon’ble Railway Minister stated that Indian Railways will introduce 400 new high-speed Vande Bharat trains. Out of these, 100 Vande Bharat trains will be manufactured at Rail Coach Factory in Latur, Maharashtra, he said. This will not only strengthen Rail infrastructure in Marathwada but will also pave the way for development of various other industries and provide more employment opportunities, he stated. Further, he stated that the development of new Coach Maintenance facilities at Jalna Railway Station not only facilitates maintenance of trains at the station but also enhances the potential to operate more number of Passenger trains and Parcel trains, thereby strengthening Rail connectivity for the people of Marathwada region and also benefiting the freight customers, simultaneously, he added.
Addressing the gathering, Shri Raosaheb Patil Danve, Hon’ble Minister of State of Railways, Coal and Mines stated that under the leadership of our Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi and the guidance of Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw, Hon’ble Railway Minister, the State of Maharashtra including the Marathwada region is witnessing tremendous development of Rail network and infrastructure. He informed that the centre has given Rs. 11,000 crore in Railway budget for Maharashtra state and several major projects have been undertaken. He stated that Hon’ble Prime Minister has given importance to the development of Railway stations and expressed his happiness on the centre approving the redevelopment of Jalna Railway station with world class amenities and facilities. He stated that the redeveloped Jalna station will ensure decongestion of crowds and will facilitate smooth working of train operations. Further, the Hon’ble Minister stated that the new pit line at Jalna is very important as it will strengthen the Rail network in Marathwada region by facilitating introduction of more passenger trains.
During the welcome address, Shri Arun Kumar Jain, General Manager (In-Charge), SCR stated that the development of coach maintenance facility at Jalna will improve the train operations significantly and will also enhance safety of rolling stock. He stated that the pit line will facilitate operation of passenger train services more effectively. The enhanced facilities proposed here will help in meeting the expectations of the rail users for rich travel experience, he said.
- Jalna is a District headquarters town and is one of the important stations in Marathwada region. To introduce originating train services and also for maintenance of rolling stock, work is sanctioned for development of coach maintenance facilities with a cost of Rs 92 crores.
- As part of it, a new pit line will be constructed with CAMTECH design to handle 28 coaches trains, one full length stabling line and one 300 meters line for spare coaches are being constructed.
- These facilities will also enhance the potential to operate more passenger trains & NMG trains that are suitable for transporting cars, special trains etc. Further, this will enhance the creation of infrastructural facilities at Jalna along with enhancing coaching operations.
- Salient Features of new Pit Line at Jalna Railway Station:
- Service Building will be constructed for Carriage & Wagon, lighting/ AC staff
- Shunting neck will be developed with 720 meters length towards Nanded end.
- Automatic Coach Washing Plant for exterior cleaning of coaches with modern technology
- Shri Atul Save, Hon’ble Minister for Co-operation, Other Backward Bahujan Welfare, Government of Maharashtra & Guardian Minister, Jalna District; Hon’ble MLAs – Shri Rajesh Tope, Shri Kailas Gorantyal, Shri Santosh Danve, Shri Narayan Kuche other Public Representatives also participated in the program.
Source: South Central Railway -Press Release | Images Credit: South Central Railway
Be the first to comment