Shri G. Kishan Reddy, Hon’ble Minister of Culture, Tourism and Development of North Eastern Region, Government of India flagged off Train No. 12862 Mahbubnagar – Visakhapatnam Express from Mahbubnagar Railway Station.
- Shri G. Kishan Reddy flagged off this train in the august presence of Shri V. Srinivas Goud, Hon’ble Minister for Excise, Prohibition, Sports & Youth Services and Archaeology, Govt. of Telangana; Shri M. Srinivas Reddy, Hon’ble MP, Mahbubnagar; Smt. Swarna Sudhakar Reddy, Hon’ble Chairperson, Zilla Parishad, Mahbubnagar; Shri K.C Narsimlu, Hon’ble Municipal Chairman, Mahbubnagar; Shri Sharat Chandrayan, Divisional Railway Manager and other Senior Railway officials and public representatives.
- Shri G. Kishan Reddy informed that Mahbubnagar Railway station has been equipped with free Wi-Fi facility. Further, the Hon’ble Union Minister stated that the Secunderabad Railway station is being redeveloped with a cost of Rs. 720 crores and the works are progressing swiftly.
- The Railway station is being upgraded with modern facilities and amenities on par with airports to meet the needs of the passengers. He also informed that Charlapalli Satellite terminal is being developed, which will provide enhanced transport facility to the passengers in Hyderabad and Secunderabad.
- The extension of Train No. 12861/12862 Visakhapatnam – Kacheguda – Visakhapatnam Express up to Mahbubnagar will be highly beneficial for the people of the region who will now be able to travel directly to Warangal, Khammam, Rayanapadu (Vijayawada), Eluru, Rajahmundry, Annavaram, Visakhapatnam etc.
- The train provides a comfortable night travel facility from both Mahbubnagar and Visakhapatnam allowing the passengers to reach their destinations conveniently in the morning hours. The train also caters to both reserved and unreserved segments of people with composition of AC 2 tier, AC 3 tier, Sleeper Class and General Coaches.
Speaking on the occasion, Shri G. Kishan Reddy stated that the new Mahbubnagar – Visakhapatnam Express will connect the people of Palamuru region directly with Kacheguda and beyond including important cities like Kazipet, Warangal, Vijayawada, Eluru etc., He stated that Railway connectivity is very important for the development of any region. He stated that the rail developments in Telangana region have been progressing at a fast pace in the recent years in terms of rail infrastructure, electrification, provision of passenger amenities. Towards improving connectivity, the centre has undertaken doubling of Secunderabad and Mahabubnagar with a cost of Rs. 1400 crore. We will continue to work hard and put all efforts for the all-round development of the Telangana region.
Source: South Central Railway- Press Release | Images Credit: South Central Railway