Hon’ble Members of Parliament (both from Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha) of the Divisional Committee comprising of Kharagpur and Adra Divisions of SER held a meeting with Ms. Archana Joshi, General Manager, South Eastern Railway at Kolkata on 09/09/2022.
- Altogether 16 Hon’ble MPs from West Bengal, Odisha and Jharkhand attended the meeting. The Divisional Committee Meeting was chaired by Sri Dilip Ghosh, Hon’ble Member of Parliament.
- The other Hon’ble Members of Parliament who attended the meeting were Dr. Subhas Sarkar, Hon’ble Minister of State for Education, Govt of India, Sri Pashupati Nath Singh, Sri Shatrughan Prasad Sinha, Sri Prasun Banerjee, Sri Saumitra Khan, Sri, DibyenduAdhikari, Sri Bidyut Baran Mahato, Sri Sunil Kumar Mondal, Sri Pratap Chandra Sarangi, Sri Jyotirmay Singh Mahato, Smt. Manjulata Mandal, Smt. Mamata Mohanta, Sri Kunar Hembram, Sri Chandra Prakash Choudhary and Smt. Sajda Ahmed.
- The Hon’ble MPs offered their valuable suggestions for development of railway infrastructure and passenger amenities to fulfil the aspirations of the passengers. While appreciating the developmental works undertaken by South Eastern Railway, the Hon’ble MPs advised the railway authority on various issues associated with train services, stoppages, passenger facilities, cleanliness, expeditious completion of railway projects etc. for the benefit of the passengers.
- Elaborate discussions were held on restoration of trains of pre-Covid period along with their earlier stoppages. Discussions were also held on construction of new lines, Road Under Bridges, Road Over Bridges, increase in frequency of trains, extension of service, upgradation of stations etc. Hon’ble MPs assured their cooperation for the smooth functioning of the railway.
Ms. Archana Joshi, General Manager, South Eastern Railway welcomed the Hon’ble Members of Parliament and thanked them for their valuable suggestions throughout the year. She apprised the Hon’ble MPs of the performance of South Eastern Railway, both in freight and passenger sector for the current financial year. Ms. Joshi said that freight loading is consistently showing an upward trend and SER is giving special emphasis on coal loading for uninterrupted supply to the Power plants. She also highlighted the services in respect of passenger amenities and environment friendly measures adopted by South Eastern Railway. The General Manager also stated that the suggestions offered by the Hon’ble MPs for development of passenger amenities and railway infrastructure would be reviewed with paramount importance.
- Sri Manoranjan Pradhan, Divisional Railway Manager, Kharagpur, Sri Manish Kumar, Divisional Railway Manager, Adra and all the Principal Head of the Departments of South Eastern Railway attended the meeting.
Source: South Eastern Railway -Press Release