Shri Narendra Modi, Hon’ble Prime Minister of India visited the state of Tamil Nadu on 26th of May 2022 and inaugurated or laid the foundation stone for several key infrastructural projects at Nehru Indoor Stadium,Chennai. The projects will play a crucial role in revitalizing the infrastructure of the states of Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh thus accelerating its growth and development in many directions.
- Among the Rail development projects for the State of Tamil Nadu, Hon’ble Prime Minister inaugurated the newly gauge converted Madurai – Teni (75 Km) section completed at a cost of Rs.506 Crore. The section would Offer a reliable, faster and cheaper mode of transport, especially for agricultural purposes.
- The Hon’ble Prime Minister also dedicated to the Nation the 3rd Broad Gauge line between Tambaram and Chengalpattu (30 Km) completed at a cost of Rs.598 Crores. This new additional line in the arterial Chennai Suburban network will pave the way for introducing additional EMU train services in the section, besides improving the punctuality of Mail/Express trains and significantly reduce the travel time for Chennai suburban commuters.
- He also laid the foundation stone for the redevelopment of 5 railway stations in the state of Tamil Nadu, namely, Chennai Egmore, Katpadi, Madurai, Rameswaram and Kanniyakumari. The estimated total cost of redevelopment of these five stations is Rs.1803 Crore.
- Apart from the above railway projects, He dedicated 1152 Houses constructed under Light House Project, Ennore-Chengalpet section of ETBPNMT Pipeline and Thiruvallur Bengaluru section of ETNPNMT Pipeline.
- Prime Minister also laid the foundation stone for Chennai – Bengaluru Expressway project, 4 Lane Double Decker Elevated Road connecting Chennai Port to Maduravoyal (NH-4) Project, 4 Lane Neraluru to Dharmapuri section of NH-844 Project, Multi Modal Logistic Park at Chennai and 2 Lane with paved shoulders of Meensurutti to Chidambaram section of NH-227 from Km 98/433 to Km 129/965.
Source: Southern Railway -Press Release