The Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone, inaugurated and dedicated to the nation projects worth over Rs. 5500 crores in Nathdwara, Rajasthan. The development projects focus on bolstering infrastructure and connectivity in the region where the railway and road projects will facilitate the movement of goods and services, thereby boosting trade and commerce and improving the socio-economic conditions of the people in the region.
- Referring to the projects which were dedicated and for which the foundation stone was laid, he said that these projects will enhance Rajasthan’s connectivity. New Railway line from Shri Nathdwara will connect Mewar with Marwar and will help the sectors like Marble, granite and mining industry.
- The Government of India believes in the mantra of development of the nation with the development of the state, he remarked that Rajasthan is one of the largest states in India. Underlining that the state is the bearer of India’s courage, heritage and culture, he said that the pace of development in the country is directly related to the development of Rajasthan.
- He noted that the central government is giving special emphasis to modern infrastructure in the state. He explained that modern infrastructure is not limited to railways and roadways but it also enhances connectivity between the villages and the cities, gives a boost to the facilities and connects the society, makes people’s lives easier by increasing digital connectivity.
- He further added that modern infrastructure not only promotes the heritage of the land but also gives impetus to development. Modern infrastructure is emerging as the power behind the resolve of a Viksit Bharat in the next 25 years, he said as he underlined the unprecedented investments in every possible infrastructure in the country and the phenomenal pace of development.
- He noted that the central government is investing thousands of crores in every infrastructure sector, be it railways, airways or highways. Referring to this Budget’s provision of 10 lakh crore rupees on infrastructure, he said that when this much investment is done in the infrastructure, it directly impacts the development and job opportunities of the region. He said these schemes of the Government of India have given a new push to the economy.
- Emphasising the importance of the Railway in the life of the common citizen, he elaborated on the plans to modernise the railway through multi-pronged measures like modern trains, railway stations and tracks. He said Rajasthan has already got its first Vande Bharat. Gauge change of Mavli Marwar section and broad gauging of Ahmedabad and Udaipur route was also fulfilled.
- He informed that the government is focussed on the electrification of the entire rail network in the country after doing away with unmanned gates. He also underlined that the modernization of hundreds of railway stations in the country is also taking place along similar lines to the Udaipur Railway Station and the visitor handling capacity is being increased.
- For freight trains, he said, a special track, a dedicated freight corridor is being constructed. He highlighted that the railway budget of Rajasthan has increased fourteen times when compared to 2014.
- He also informed that 75 percent of the railway network in Rajasthan has already been electrified where districts like Dungarpur, Udaipur, Chittor, Pali, Sirohi and Rajsamand have availed the benefits of gate change and doubling of lines. The day is not far when Rajasthan will be one of the states with 100 percent rail electrification.
- Governor of Rajasthan, Shri Kalraj Mishra, Chief Minister of Rajasthan, Shri Ashok Gehlot, Members of Parliament and Ministers from the Government of Rajasthan were present on the occasion among others.
Source: PIB- Press Release | Image Credit (representational): MoR