Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will visit Karnataka on 25th March, 2023. At around 1 PM, the Prime Minister will inaugurate Whitefield (Kadugodi) to Krishnarajapura Metro Line of Bangalore Metro and also undertake a ride in the metro.
- PM to inaugurate Whitefield (Kadugodi) to Krishnarajapura Metro Line of Bangalore Metro, Metro line will further enhance ease of mobility and reduce traffic congestion in the city.
- The Prime Minister has had a special focus on the development of world class urban mobility infrastructure across the country.
- In line with this, the 13.71 km stretch from Whitefield (Kadugodi) Metro to Krishnarajapura Metro Line of Reach-1 extension project under Bangalore Metro Phase 2, will be inaugurated by the Prime Minister at Whitefield (Kadugodi) Metro Station.
- Built at a cost of around Rs 4250 crores, the inauguration of this metro line will provide a clean, safe, rapid and comfortable travel facility to commuters in Bengaluru, enhancing ease of mobility and reducing traffic congestion in the city.
About Bangalore Metro Phase-2:
- The Phase-2 of Bangalore Metro Rail Project consists of Four Extensions to the existing lines and Two New Lines with a total length of 72.095 kms and 61 stations (49 Elevated and 12 Underground) and is currently being executed.
- BMRCL Phase-II spans a length of 72.095 km – 13.79 km underground, 0.48 km at grade and 57.825 km elevated and adds 61 stations to the network, of which 12 stations are underground.
- Phase-II network comprises of extensions to Purple Line (East-West) between Baiyappanahalli and Whitefield (R1 Extn of 15.5 Km) with a depot at Whitefield (also known as Kadugodi) on the Eastern end and Mysore Road to Challaghatta (R2 Extn of 6.48 Km) with a depot at Challaghatta on the Western end of the corridor.
Source: PIB- Press Release | Image Credit (representational): BMRCL