Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will visit Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana on 11th and 12th November, 2022. At around 10:20 AM, the Prime Minister will flag off Vande Bharat Express and Bharat Gaurav Kashi Darshan Train at KSR railway station in Bengaluru.
- On 12th November, at around 10:30 AM, the Prime Minister will inaugurate and lay the foundation stone of multiple projects at Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh.
- At around 3:30 PM, the Prime Minister will visit the RFCL plant in Ramagundam, Telangana. Thereafter, at around 4:15 PM, the Prime Minister will inaugurate and lay the foundation stone of multiple projects at Ramagundam.
- Including various projects, the Prime Minister will also flag off Chennai-Mysuru Vande Bharat Express. Bengaluru at Kranthiveera Sangolli Rayanna (KSR) Railway Station.
- This will be the fifth Vande Bharat Express train in the country and first such train in South India. It will enhance connectivity between the industrial hub of Chennai and the Tech & Startup hub of Bengaluru and the famous tourist city of Mysuru.
- The PM will also flag off the Bharat Gaurav Kashi Yatra train from Bengaluru KSR Railway Station. Karnataka is the first state to take up this train under the Bharat Gaurav scheme in which Government of Karnataka and Ministry of Railways are working together to send pilgrims from Karnataka to Kashi.
- The pilgrims will be provided comfortable stay and guidance for visiting Kashi, Ayodhya and Prayagraj.
- The Prime Minister will dedicate to the nation and lay the foundation stone of projects worth over Rs. 10,500 crores.
- The Prime Minister will lay the foundation stone for redevelopment of Visakhapatnam Railway Station, to be done at a cost of around Rs 450 crores.
- The redeveloped station would cater to 75,000 passengers per day and will improve passenger experience by providing modern amenities.
- The Prime Minister will dedicate Bhadrachalam Road- Sattupalli rail line to the nation, which has been built at a cost of around Rs. 1000 crore.
Source: Southern Railway- Press Release | Image Credit (representational): MoR