Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw, Hon’ble Minister of Railways, Communications and Electronics & Information Technology, visited ICF at Chennai on 12th August, 2022.
- He was accompanied by Shri A.K. Agarwal, GM, ICF, Shri B.G. Mallya, GM, Southern Railway, Shri S. Srinivas, Principal Chief Mechanical Engineer, ICF, Shri D.P. Dash, Principal Chief Electrical Engineer, ICF and other officers of ICF and Southern Railway.
- The Minister inspected the latest Vande Bharat Express rake that is getting commissioned and also inspected the interiors of the coaches including the driver cab. He also went for a short inspection on board the Vande Bharat Express driver’s cab along with ICF officials.
During his interaction with the media, Shri Ashwini Vaishnav congratulated the ICF team for bringing out such a wonderful train set. He said that as per the vision of Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji, 75 Vande Express trains will link all parts of the country. He said that the train will now be sent for testing of about 15,000 kilometers. All tests such as static, dynamic, oscillation, etc., will be carried out, he added. He further said that ICF will be manufacturing more such trains. He also lauded the various technical features of the Vande Bharat Express that make this train a world class one. He said that as remarked by Hon’ble Prime Minister, Tamil is the oldest language in the world and he said he is very proud of the Tamil culture and Tamil people for their hospitality. He thanked the gathering by saying “Romba Romba Nandri” meaning “Thanks so much”.
- Later, the Minister visited ICF Silver Jubilee School in ICF premises and hoisted the National flag and went around the ICF North Colony along with the children of the school and the residents of the ICF North Colony, carrying the National Flag to create awareness of the ‘Har Ghar Tiranga’ program.
- Following the Flag rally, the Union Minister visited Tiruvallikkeni MRTS station and hoisted the National Flag at the station.
- During a brief function held at the station, the Minister felicitated Shri Niranjan Bharati, fifth-generation descendant of Bharathiyar, Shri Karuppaiah, 99 year-old freedom fighter, Major Natarajan, son of Late Lt. Parthiban, Smt.Kalvikkarasi Shankar, spouse of Shri Usha Shankar, DSP,CRPF, Smt Ambika Anandan, spouse of Late A.Anandan, Recipient of Hon’ble President’s Police Medal for Gallantry (Second-in-command), Smt. Jayabharati, Mother of Late Rajasekaran, Sepoy Army, Indian Peace Keeping Force to Srilanka.
- He also visited the Exhibition at the station showcasing rare photographs of Mahakavi Bharathiyar.
- Later, the Minister visited Bharathiyar Illam at Tiruvallikkeni, paid homage to the poet and witnessed the exhibits. Addressing the media, the Minister lauded the rich contribution of Mahakavi Bharathiyar to freedom struggle through his fiery, thought provoking poems that kindled patriotic spirit in thousands of youth.
- Expressing his pride for having visited the sacred place where Bharathiyar lived, the Minister mentioned that Bharathiyar’s poems are popular all over the country. In the presence of the Minister, children sang Bharathiyar’s popular patriotic hymns.
Source: Southern Railway -Press Release