Share with your network
Survey and preparation of Detailed Project Report for seven High Speed Rail corridors has been undertaken, and “In-principle” approval given for pre-investment activity for the following two Semi High Speed Rail Projects.
- At present, the Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail (MAHSR) Project is the only sanctioned High Speed Rail project in the country which is being implemented with technical and financial assistance from the Government of Japan.
- Further, the Survey and preparation of Detailed Project Report (DPR) for the following seven (7) High Speed Rail (HSR) corridors has been undertaken:
- Delhi – Varanasi
- Delhi -Ahmedabad
- Mumbai -Hyderabad
- Chennai – Bangalore – Mysore
- Delhi – Chandigarh – Amritsar
- Varanasi – Howrah
- Further, the Government has given “in-principle” approval for pre-investment activity for the following two Semi High Speed Rail (SHSR) Projects:
- Thiruvananthapuram to Kasargod Semi High Speed Rail (SilverLine) Project on Standard Gauge; and
- Pune-Nasik Semi High Speed Rail Project on Broad Gauge Line.
- Both the Semi High Speed Rail (SHSR) projects are to be executed by Joint Venture company naming Kerala Rail Development Corporation Limited (KRDCL) and Maharashtra Rail Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited (MRIDC) of the State Governments of Kerala and Maharashtra respectively.
- This information was given by the Minister of Railways, Communications and Electronic & Information Technology, Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw in a written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha.
Source: PIB- Press Release | Image Credit (representational): NHSRCL
Be the first to comment