L&T Metro Rail (Hyderabad) Limited (LTMRHL) announced that CMRS (Commissioner for Metro Rail Safety), Mr. Janak Kumar Garg and team from Railway Safety Commission have concluded a 3-day inspection of new upgrades at various metro rail stations across 3 corridors from 16th to 18th February 2021.
- During this activity, CMRS inspected the effectiveness of the new upgrades to signalling and train control system across three metro rail corridors (Corridor-I: Miyapur to LB Nagar; Corridor-II: JBS to MGBS; Corridor-III: Nagole to Raidurg).
- The three corridors cover a length of approximately 72 km in phase-I.
- This integrated system will add operational efficiency to the entire metro corridor network leading to seamless operation of metro services.
- The inspection also included various civil works at the entry and exits and newly commissioned elevators and escalators at a few metro stations.
- CMRS has expressed satisfaction to the overall performance of the systems and related works and sanctioned his approval with a certificate of compliance.
Mr. KVB Reddy, MD & CEO, LTMRHL, stated, “We are thankful to CMRS for the inspection of new upgrades at Hyderabad Metro Rail stations. With the successful completion of this inspection, we would now be using our ramped-up systems for better operational excellence, helping us all to serve our passengers with even more reliable and smooth riding experience. I thank my team LTMRHL and our partners, who have worked tirelessly to make this happen.”
- Hyderabad Metro Rail (HMR) is the world’s largest Public-Private Partnership (PPP) project in the Metro rail sector.
- Metro rail and other forms of Mass Rapid Transport System (MRTS) are emerging as prominent infrastructure requirement offering a viable solution to the transportation woes that accompany urban expansion.
- Hyderabad Metro Rail (HMR) Project is an integrated urban transport development project with inter-modal connectivity and convenient sky walks that will mark the beginning of an era of seamless commuting across Hyderabad.
- The Metro Rail system is a completely elevated system, generally run in the central median of the road.
About L&T Metro Rail (Hyderabad) Limited:
L&T Metro Rail (Hyderabad) Limited is a subsidiary of Larsen & Toubro. – L&T Metro Rail (Hyderabad) Limited (“The Company”) to implement the Project on Design, Built, Finance Operate and Transfer (DBFOT) basis. The Company signed the Concession Agreement with the then Government of Andhra Pradesh on September 4, 2010 and completed the financial closure for the Project on March 1, 2011 in a record period of six months. A consortium of 10 banks led by State Bank of India has sanctioned the entire debt requirement of the project. This is the largest fund tie-up in India for a non-power infrastructure Public Private Partnership (PPP) project.
Source: L&TMRHL-Press Release | Image Credit (representational): HMRL