IC-TRAM 2018 – Scope and Opportunities
An International Conference on Technological Advancements in Railway & Metro Projects will be held under the aegis of Ministry of Railways and Ministry of Urban Development. The seminar will deal with cutting edge technologies, innovation and safety in Railways and Metros. The thrust will be to maximize the Make in India initiative and make India self-sufficient.
In the past two decades Indian Railways has grown manifold not just in terms of size and volume, but also in terms of usage of cutting-edge technologies. Today, Indian Railways is entering new fields, such as High Speed Railways, Dedicated Freight Corridors, bridging new frontiers by laying tracks in inhospitable terrains of the North-East, building mountain railways, using alternative fuels to reduce dependence on fossil fuels to name a few initiatives.
In more or less the same period(since DMRC became operational in 2002), concurrently, there has been an awakening of sorts across India, in the direction of building more and more Metros to cater to the increased mobility requirements of the burgeoning population of the metropolitan towns. As of now some 35-40 metros are under planning or execution, aggregating a colossal investment of some $68 bn(Rs4. 5 Lakh crores) over the next five to seven years. This will soon make India one of the top metro hubs in the world, ahead of some of the most advanced countries.
About the Conference
The Conference will be held under the aegis of Ministry of Railways and Ministry of Urban Development. The Conference will deal with cutting-edge technologies, innovation and safety in Railways and Metros. The thrust will be to maximize the ‘Make in India’ initiative and make India self-sufficient.
Some of the important topics, which will be covered in the two-day Seminar, will be as follows:
- High speed railways-the international experience-the variants.
- Semi-high speed railways & their relevance.
- Next generation railway coaches, using latest lightweight materials.
- New propulsion systems such as turbine, fuel cell etc.
- Use of renewable sources of energy, such as, bio-diesel, methanol, etc.
- Railway’s drive for self-sufficiency in generation of energy for traction purposes.
- Cutting edge technologies in signalling& telecom.
- Advancements in electric-a) overhead equipment/3rd rail, b) traction /general power supply with emphasis on green energy c) heating/air-conditioning.
- Train management & protection systems, creating a foolproof operational safety net in all-weather conditions, including dense fog.
- Advancements in civil engineering a) track b) bridges & c) tunneling.
- Development of world class railway stations.
- Emerging technologies in manufacturing of rolling stock.
- Advancements in civil engineering a) track b) bridges & tunneling c) station buildings & ancillaries (psds, etc).
- Cutting edge technologies in signalling & telecom, driverless train operations.
- Electrical-a) overhead equipment/3rd rail, b) traction /general power supply with emphasis on green energy c) heating/air-conditioning.
- New trends in accident prevention, safety & security-zero tolerance for accidents.
The Conference & Exhibition is a fine opportunity for all those in the business of railways and metro transportation, as well as the larger transportation community, operators, engineers, architects, planners, administrators, scholars and so on to upgrade their technical skills and knowledge, interact with specialists from various engineering disciplines, hear from the experts in India and abroad on the fine ‘art and science’ of metro building and railway modernization. Experts will share secrets of effecting efficiencies through enhanced equipment reliability, World-renowned Safety Experts will expound on the essential fundamentals of accident free performance.
Training is the new mantra for the over-all efficiency of any organization – Learn about all the new quick-learning tools available in the market.
Venue: Manekshaw Centre, New Delhi India
Date: 4-5 Oct 2018
Registration Link: Click Here
Show website: www.ic-tram.com
Be the first to comment