Indian Railway Institute of Signal Engineering and Telecommunications (IRISET), a premier Railway Centralized Training Institute at Secunderabad, Celebrated its 63rd Annual Day on 24th November, 2020.
Shri Pradeep Kumar, Member (Infrastructure), Railway Board was the Chief Guest at the program, presided by Shri Gajanan Mallya, General Manager, South Central Railway. Dr Anand S Khati, Director General (HR), Railway Board, Shri S P S Chauhan, Director General , National Academy of Indian Railways (NAIR) and Shri Anshul Gupta, Additional Member (Signal), Railway Board were the Guest of Honour. All the dignitaries participated the event through virtual means.
- Addressing the gathering through virtual platform Shri Pradeep Kumar, Member (Infrastructure), Railway Board stated that IRISET has a special place in the hearts of all S&T personnel of Indian Railways as this great Institute lays foundation for a challenging career by imparting training on intricacies of Signalling & Telecommunications.
- While speaking on the occasion he stated that the pandemic changed the life-style of the nation and helped us to see life in different perspective.
- He congratulated all award winners on their outstanding performance and also congratulated all the trainees for completing their courses successfully.
- Shri Gajanan Mallya, General Manager, South Central Railway said that Safety in train operations is of paramount importance.
- Reliability of Signalling & Telecommunications gears is directly related to the safety.
- The initiatives of IRISET result in achieving self-reliance in adoption, maintenance, and modification of new technologies suitable to our needs.
- The General Manager congratulated IRISET which has done lot of good work in the current year by conducting online courses during the pandemic times by improving its capacity through optimum resource utilization.
- Shri S K Goel, Director General, IRISET addressed the virtual gathering by welcoming all the dignitaries.
- He stated that, IRISET re-dedicates itself to its mission objective of continuously improving its efforts in providing training for Railway Officers and Supervisors and to earnestly work for bridging the skill gap to make Indian Railways Atam-Nirbhar in S&T Systems at this crucial juncture when IR is at door-step of a major technological leap and the organization is looking at S&T engineers for solutions to improve safety and line capacity.
About the IRISET:
- IRISET established on 24th November, 1957, plays a vital role in training the Signal and Telecommunications (S&T) personnel in Railway Signaling and Telecommunication Technologies.
- It imparts training to not only the S&T personnel of Indian Railways but also to other organizations in public and private sector like NTPC, DFCCIL, RITES, RVNL and RCIL etc.
- IRISET is alma mater of all S&T engineers, including Officers of Group A service of Signal Engineers i.e. IRSSE who are also trained here.
- The institute was closed down for physical classes from 20.03.2020 following the guidelines of Covid-19 management as per the directives of Government of India.
- The Institute has taken giant step in introducing online classes for mandatory courses and Equipment courses on Modern Technology from the month of April, 2020.
- The course content was redesigned to consist of online component for theory and offline component through on-Campus practical hands on skills.
- Inspite of the difficulties and restrictions posed by the pandemic, the institute trained 4,895 trainees this year which is + 6.5% above the no. of previous year.
- 237 Group ‘B’ Officers have been trained in this year.
- The IRSSE Probationers were also imparted specialized management training from IIM, Indore through online classes.
- This year institute witnessed and created history by imparting training to large number of trainings during the month of September, 2020 with 63,011 trainee days highest ever in the records of the institute so far.
Source: South Central Railway-Press Release