Relentless and continuous efforts to provide clean and green transportation to all its stakeholders and commuters has resulted in Indian Railway bagging 13 awards in three prestigious categories of National Energy Conservation Awards (NECA) for the year 2020, organized by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), Ministry of Power.
- Western Railway has been awarded the First Prize, Eastern Railway has been awarded the Second prize, North Eastern Railway & South Central Railway has been awarded Certificate of Merit in the Transport Category.
- In Building Category, Divisional Railway Manager’s offices at Bhavnagar and Rajkot have won the first and second prize respectively.
- Electrical Department, DRM Office, North Eastern Railway has been awarded Certificate of Merit.
- In Railway workshops subcategory, Diesel Loco Shed, South Central Railway, Vijayawada has bagged the First prize, Kanchrapara Workshop, Eastern Railway, North 24 Parganas has won the second prize.
- The certificate of Merit has been awarded to:
- Mechanical Workshop, North Eastern Railway, Izzatnagar
- Central Railway Workshop, Mysore
- Mechanical Workshop, Dibrugarh, North East Frontier Railway
- Central Workshop, Ponmalai, Southern Railway, Tiruchchirapalli
- These awards have been given to Indian Railways’ zones and workshops for significant improvements in energy conservation by adopting various measures to promote energy efficiency.
- Indian Railways is committed to improve performance towards energy efficiency and clean environment in the coming years.
Source: PIB-Press Release