A Ro-Ro service carrying three tankers loaded with Liquid Medical Oxygen (LMO) left Hapa in Gujarat on 25th April, 2021 at 18.03 hrs and reached Kalamboli in Maharashtra at 11.25 am on 26th April, 2021. Green corridor has been provided for the faster movement of the Oxygen Express.
- The medical oxygen is being made available for treatment of COVID-19 patients across the country, through Oxygen Express trains run by the Ministry of Railways.
- The Oxygen Express has travelled a distance of 860 Kms to reach its destination. These tankers are carrying approx. 44 tonnes of Liquid Medical Oxygen.
- Necessary arrangements have been made at Kalamboli Goods Shed for smooth movement of the Oxygen Express.
- The Oxygen Express has reached Kalamboli from Hapa via Viramgam, Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Surat, Vasai Road and Bhiwandi Road keeping in place all the safety parameters.
- These oxygen tankers were supplied by M/s Reliance Industries, Jamnagar.
- Railways has so far run Oxygen Express between Mumbai to Vizag via Nagpur to Nashik and Lucknow to Bokaro and back and a total of nearly 150 tonnes of liquid Oxygen have been carried till 25.4.2021.
- More ‘Oxygen Express’ are on the run and are being planned to various parts of the country.
Oxygen Express Trains:
Meanwhile, since the first train of empty tankers left for Vizag from Mumbai Region just a few days back, Indian Railways has transported more than 302 MT of Oxygen safely & securely to various states across India.
- Another 154 MT liquid medical oxygen is on its way.
- Railways has picked up the challenge of movement of the life-saving Oxygen to the states wanting oxygen.
- One Oxygen Express train carrying 4 tankers is expected to reach Delhi from Raigarh (Chhattisgarh) today early morning .
- For the residents of Maharashtra, a train carrying 44 MT (in 3 tankers) has reached Kalamboli (near Mumbai) from Hapa (Rajkot, Gujarat).
- Another Oxygen express is currently on the run from Bokaro (Jharkhand) to Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh) carrying 90 MT of LMO (in 5 tankers) and is expected to reach Lucknow by early morning today.
- Another empty rake will depart from Lucknow to Bokaro to bring one more set of Oxygen tankers.
- Railways is responding to all requests received from state governments and is in constant touch with the respective authorities for additional Oxygen train requirements.
Source: PIB-Press Release