The Ministry of Railways has invited tenders in two packet system for Manufacturing and Maintenance of 1200 (twelve hundred) nos. 9000 HP Electric Locomotives.
- Tender Reference Number: 2022-ELECTDEV-440-2
- Name of Work: Manufacturing and Maintenance of 1200 (twelve hundred) nos. 9000 HP Electric Locomotives.
- EMD: INR 400000000/-
- Document Download Start Date: 27-Apr-2022
- Document Download End Date: 24-Aug-2022
- Bid Submission Start Date: 27-Apr-2022
- Bid Submission End Date: 24-Aug-2022
Eligibility Criteria :
To be eligible for Qualification, a Bidder shall fulfil the following condition of Eligibility:
- For demonstrating technical capacity and experience (the “Technical Capacity”), the Bidder shall, over the past 7 (seven) financial years preceding the Bid Due Date, have:
- Designed and produced the railway locomotives, including their Propulsion Systems, for supply comprising Eligible Projects; and/ or
- Designed and produced the High Speed Train Sets, including their Propulsion Systems, for supply comprising Eligible Projects. such that the total horse power of the above supplies exceeds 1,800,000 (one million and eight hundred thousand) horse power (the “Threshold Technical Capacity”).
- Provided that at least one third of the Threshold Technical Capacity shall be from “Eligible Projects” (as defined in para 2.2 of RFP document) which were supplied at least 4 (four) years prior to the Bid Due Date. Provided further that the Threshold Technical Capacity shall include at-least 10 (ten) railway locomotives from Eligible Projects in Category 1 specified in Clause 2.2.3 of the RFP document.
- For the avoidance of doubt, in case of Eligible Projects where part supplies of railway locomotives/High Speed Train Sets were made prior to the aforesaid period of 7 (seven) financial years preceding the Bid Due Date and balance supplies were made in the aforesaid period, only those railway locomotives/High Speed Train Sets which were supplied in the aforesaid period of 7 (seven) financial years preceding the Bid Due Date shall be considered for computation of Eligible Projects.
- The Bidder shall have a minimum Net Worth (the “Financial Capacity”) of Rs. 200 crore (Rs. two hundred crore) at the close of the preceding financial year.
- In case of a Consortium/Joint Venture, Member of the Consortium/Joint Venture shall nominate one Member as the Lead Member (the “Lead Member”).
- Lead Member shall have minimum 38% interest in the Consortium/Joint Venture.
- Technical Capacity as per this Clause 2.2.2 of the RFP document is to be satisfied by any Member of Consortium/Joint Venture having minimum 26% interest in Consortium/Joint Venture.
- The nomination of Lead Member shall be supported by a Power of Attorney, as per the format at Appendix-III of RFP document signed by all the other Members of the Consortium/Joint Venture. Consortium/Joint Venture as whole shall cumulatively/collectively fulfil 100% Technical Capacity and 100% Financial Capacity as per this Clause 2.2.2 of RFP Document.
The complete documents can be downloaded from https://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app.
Source: Railway Board- Tender | Image Credit (representational): MoR