Share with your network
The Ministry of Railways has accelerated the redevelopment of major stations across the country. Presently 40 Railway stations are being redeveloped on Indian Railways to provide modern amenities. 14 Railway Stations are under tendering stage for redevelopment and they are likely to be awarded in next 5 months.
- Redevelopment of railway stations across the country will have a multiplier effect in the economy with increased job creation and improved economic growth.
- Redevelopment of these Stations envisage provision of spacious Roof Plaza, facilities such as food court, waiting lounge, children play area, designated space for local products, etc. The development will integrate various modes of transport with Railway Station viz. Metro, Bus, etc. and will also integrate both sides of the city with stations.
- The construction of station infrastructure will adopt green building technology and facilities for ‘Divyangjans’. The stations will be developed on the concept of intelligent building, having state-of-the-art facilities for passengers. Station redevelopment will create ‘City Centre’ like space at the station for the railway commuters as well as the general public.
- Rani Kamalapati station of West Central Railway, Gandhinagar Capital station of Western Railway and Sir M. Visveswaraya Terminal Station of South Western Railway has been developed and commissioned.
- Timeframe for construction of stations cannot be indicated at this stage as the station development program is complex in nature, involves multiple stakeholders and various statutory clearances.
- List of Stations where work is awarded and in progress in different stages of Survey, Site Mobilization and Construction.
|S.No.||Name of Station||State||Zone||Division|
|11||New Jalpaiguri||West Bengal||NFR||KIR|
|13||Lucknow (Charbagh)||Uttar Pradesh||NR||LKO|
|16||Jammu Tawi||UT of J & K||NR||FZR|
|30||Puducherry||UT of Puducherry||SR||TPJ|
|35||Chennai Egmore||Tamil Nadu||SR||MAS|
- List of Stations where work is under Tendering stage and likely to be awarded in next 4-5 months
|S.No||Name of Station||State||Zone||Division|
|4||Ajni (Nagpur )||Maharashtra||CR||Nagpur|
|8||Kanpur Central||Uttar Pradesh||NCR||ALD|
|9||Chandigarh||UT of Chandigarh||NR||UMB|
Source: PIB- Press Release | Image Credit (representational): MoR
Be the first to comment