In an endeavour for proliferation of newly introduced e-Auction module to award commercial earnings & non-fare revenue (NFR) contracts by Indian Railways, an interactive session with existing contractors as well as prospective customers was hosted at DRM/Howrah’s Office on 4.5.2022.
- Shri Manish Jain, Divisional Railway Manager/Howrah presided over the meeting. Other divisional officers of Howrah were also present in the deliberation.
- For switching over from existing e-Tender module to newly introduced e-Auction module, certain prerequisites were discussed at length and elaborated to the contractors.
- Assistant General Manager, State Bank of India, Kolkata Local Head Office along with his team was also present during the meeting to facilitate the contractors for opening of Current Account with SBI, which is one of the prerequisites for contractors to participate in the e-Auction.
- Eastern Railway’s Howrah Division has taken the newly introduced e-Auction module on priority basis for successful implementation of the module and increasing revenue of Indian Railway.
- This interactive session is an example of the efforts of Howrah division in this direction in order to create awareness amongst the prospective as well as existing contractors of Commercial Earnings and NFR contracts.
Source: Eastern Railway- Press Release