IRCON International Limited on behalf of West Central Railway, Jabalpur has invited online bids in two packet systems on prescribed forms from bonafide firms/companies (“JV‟ firms not allowed) having requisite experience and financial capacity for execution of the work detailed in the table given below.
- Tender Reference Number: IRCON/2065/Katni-Singrauli
- Name of Work: Construction of balance work of residential Buildings including Approach Road & other miscellaneous works between Bharsendi to Gondwali (including both stations) in connection with Katni-Singrauli Rail Line Doubling project (Pkg-3).
- Estimated Cost of Work: INR 26.16 Cr.
- Completion Period: 15 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 20-Oct-2021
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 10-Nov-2021
- Bid Submission Start Date: 03-Nov-2021
- Bid Submission End Date: 10-Nov-2021
Scope of Work:
Proposed work broadly comprises of but not limited to “ Construction of balance work of residential Buildings including Approach Road & other miscellaneous works between Bharsendi to Gondwali (including both stations) in connection with Katni-Singrauli Rail Line Doubling project (Pkg-3).
The construction work of Rail doubling project from New Katni Jn to Singrauli (261Km) with electrification and other allied work has been awarded to IRCON International Limited under West Central Railway, Jabalpur. There are a total 29 stations in between.
- The contractor shall work out the requirement of manpower and machineries coping with the scope of work to be completed within the targeted period and accordingly ensure deployment of those manpower and machineries.
- The Railway/IRCON reserves the right to get the work executed in the best and most economical manner, and may add or may not operate any item(s)of work(s) as the Railway/IRCON may consider fit.
- The Contractor(s) is expected to use the latest technology and machinery and achieve the most efficient and best quality finished construction.
- Arranging inspection of concerned IRCON/Railway officials/RDSO/Commissioner of Railway safety as per latest circular/guideline/prevailing practices.
- Any other work required for completion of the work under this contract as per direction of Engineer-in-charge. The details of works are indicated elsewhere in the tender documents/drawings. The scope described here is only indicative in nature and shall be deemed as inclusive of all items to be executed for its completion as per Specifications and Drawings.
- Payable items are provided in the Bill of Quantities (BOQ) and any other enabling / temporary works required to be carried out for the eventful completion of the proposed railway line are deemed to have been included in the rates quoted for the payable items in the BOQ. No claims of whatever nature shall be entertained for any item of enabling / temporary works including supply of necessary materials, tools & plants not specifically covered in this scope of work and in the bill of quantities.
- It is expected that the contractor being selected based on the previous experience of executing the similar work/works is well acquainted with the extent of enabling/ temporary works required but not specifically indicated in the scope above and not covered for payment in the bill of quantities.
- The Contractor will arrange site clearing, required Dismantling, left over utility shifting etc.
- Safety bands, Ribbons and other gadgets for Construction site & workmen shall be maintained as per scheme approved by the engineer. Safety board‟s duly written with desired LOGO & safety slogans shall be displayed for information of workers so that they do not enter restricted premises. The quoted rates are deemed to include the cost of all such bands, ribbons, gadgets etc. and nothing extra shall be paid for such items unless provision exits in BOQ.
- 5.11 The Contractor shall organize, conduct & maintain required & Proper quality control test and records for day to day work on regular basis. The contractor shall ensure that the work is executed conforming to the approved design, drawings and specifications. The Engineers/Supervisors/ staff to be deployed by the Contractor shall work under the direction of the Engineer/Employer.
- They shall be bound to carry out all duties related with the work assigned by the Engineer or his representative. All facilities & equipment required for proper construction & quality control during execution of entire work such as testing equipment, laboratory facilities etc. shall be arranged by the contractor at his own cost.
About IRCON International Limited:
- IRCON International Limited (IRCON), a Schedule “A” & Mini Ratna-I Central Public Sector Undertaking (CPSU), incorporated by the Ministry of Railways, Central government, under the Companies Act, 1956 on 28th April 1976 originally under the name Indian Railway Construction Company Limited.
- IRCON is an integrated engineering and construction company in India operating since last 44 years with specialization in major turnkey infrastructure projects, including Railways, Roads, Highways, Bridges, Flyovers, Tunnels, Aircraft maintenance hangars, Runways, EHV sub-stations, Metro & MRT, and others.
Website https://etenders.gov.in/eprocure/app may be referred for detailed terms and conditions of the bidding documents, which are available online.
Source: IRCON-Tender | Image Credit (representational): MoR