The IRCON International Limited has invited online bids in Two Packet System (Open) on prescribed forms from bonafide firms/companies having requisite experience and financial capacity for execution of the work detailed in the table given below.
- Tender Reference Number: IRCON/3018/DFCCILCTP-12/ e-tender/ PVD/ SS2A/8-383
- Name of Work: Ground improvement work involving supply & installation of Pre-fabricated vertical drain (PVD) & other allied works as per approved design from DFC Km 145+524 (IR 112+716) to DFC Km 151+000 (IR 118+360) excluding Stilt Bridge stretches between DFC Km 145+524 and DFC Km 150+530 in connection with Construction of Western Dedicated Freight Corridor Phase II Vaitrana Sachin Section- Infra Works Package SS2A.
- Estimated Cost: INR 12,65,12,012/-
- Completion Period: 45 days
Scope of Work:
The scope of present tender involves “Ground improvement work involving supply & installation of Pre-fabricated vertical drain (PVD) & other allied works as per approved design from DFC Km 145+524 (IR 112+716) to DFC Km 151+000 (IR 118+360) excluding Stilt Bridge stretches between DFC Km 145+524 and DFC Km 150+530 in connection with construction of Western Dedicated Freight Corridor Phase II Vaitarna Sachin Section- Infra Works Package SS2A in Maharashtra State”.
The site is located on Eastern side of the Indian Railway track and generally well approachable during the fair weather season for doing the work. The contractor must carefully make their detailed planning so as to ensure uninterrupted working during the monsoon season also.
Scope of works is as indicated below but not limited to:
- The specification covers the material and constructional requirement using Prefabricated vertical drains (PVD). The extent of work shall be shown on drawing and described in technical specifications. Supplementary requirements of modification to his specification shall be defined in the drawing as per instruction of the Engineer/Employer.
- The work shall be carried out as per designed in phased manner as directed by the Engineer/Employer in connection with WDFC CTP-12 Project. The work site is located/ proposed at mentioned Chainage along the alignment of Vaitarana- Sachin section of WDFC CTP-12 project.
- The basic design principle for the use of PVD is consolidation/settlement in the natural ground. In absence of PVD, the soil pore water follows the flow path only in vertical direction i.e. one-dimensional consolidation.
- However, with the use of PVD, pore water in the clay sub- stratum flows horizontally (radially) as well as vertically i.e, three- dimensional consolidation. The consolidation process starts on application of Pre- load (the expected load applied in advance) after the installation of Prefabricated Vertical (band drains).
- Conventionally the preload is applied by way of the temporary/ permanent embankment over the treatment area. However, due to the lack of the available time, a new method of pre- loading using vacuum loading is proposed. The vacuum loading is the application of the external negative pressure to the soil surface, in the form of vacuum.
- A higher effective stress is achieved by the negative pore pressure. Each PVD will be connected to the vacuum channel using the tubing systems and drain connectors, piezometers’ and Settlement Markers shall be installed to check the efficacy of the proposed system as per requirements. Construction of drains (if required) along the alignment within ROW as per drawings.
- The work consists of ground improvement using prefabricated vertical drains (PVD) of band drains of specified quality in conjunction with vacuum consolidation up to depth required to stabilize the railway embankment which requires to be constructed over very soft compressible clay.
- The work is to be carried out in marshy conditions some parts of which may be water- logged. The clay subsoil is very weak and highly compressible and requires to be improved to increase its shear strength as well as to minimize or eliminate post- construction settlement. The CONTRACTOR is well advised to visit the site before making the offer.
- The CONTRACTOR is required to submit methodology in line with the technical specifications and expected results to achieve satisfactory construction and performance of the embankment in the long term. All necessary precautions necessary to avoid any instability of the proposed embankment & also the existing works during the construction is essential and should be included in the proposal to ensure safety at all times during construction.
- The CONTRACTOR shall furnish all necessary labour, equipment, and materials and perform all necessary operations for the installation of prefabricated vertical drains (PVD) or band drains in accordance with the details shown in the drawings and with the requirements of these specifications.
- The PVD or band drains as well as the accessories required shall comply with the minimum specifications stated in ASTM/IS codes and RDSO guide line. GE-R- 68 and RDSO/ 2007/ GE: 0014. Contractor shall note that the design details such as spacing, depth etc. of the band drain included herein are for reference only.
- Contractor with his proposal shall submit documents of the past work executed by him which shall include as minimum the following details such as type of band drains, depth of installation, spacing, design settlement, achieved settlement, time period, purpose, height of embankment and proposed vacuum consolidation system details.
- All material should be ISO certified and as per IS codes Specification.
- Any other work required for completion of the work under this contract as per direction of Engineer-in-charge.
- The contractor shall work out the requirement of manpower and machineries in line with the scope of work to be completed within the targeted period and accordingly ensure deployment of those manpower and machineries.
- The Railway/ IRCON reserves the right to get the work executed in the best and most economical manner and may add or may not operate any item(s)of work(s) as the Railway/IRCON may consider fit.
- The contractors are expected to use the latest technology and machinery and achieve a most efficient and best quality finished construction.
- Payable items are provided in the bill of quantities and any other enabling/ temporary works required to be carried out for the eventful completion of the proposed railway line are deemed to have been included in the rates quoted for the payable items in the BOQ. No claims of whatever nature shall be entertained for any items of enabling / temporary works including supply of necessary materials, tools & plants not specifically covered in this scope of work and in the bill of quantities.
- Safety bands, Ribbons and other gadgets for Construction site & workmen shall be maintained as per scheme approved by the Engineer. Safety board’s duly written with desired LOGO & safety slogans shall be for information of workers so that they do not enter restricted premises.
- The quoted rates are deemed to include the cost of all such bands, ribbons, gadgets etc. and nothing extra shall be paid for such items unless provision exits in BOQ.
- The Contractor shall organize, conduct & maintain required & Proper quality control test and records for day to day work on regular basis. The contractor shall ensure that the work is executed conforming to the approved design, drawings and specifications. For execution of work the contractor has to follow Safety, Health & Environment Manual of IRCON and the approved quality Assurance programme.
- The Engineers/Supervisors/ staff to be deployed by the Contractor shall work under the direction of the Engineer/Employer. They shall be bound to carry out all duties related with the work assigned by the Engineer or his representative.
- All facilities & equipment’s required for proper construction & quality control during execution of entire work such as survey instruments including TOTAL STATION, testing equipment’s, laboratory facilities etc. shall be arranged by the contractor at his own cost.
- Wherever required, the contractor has to carry out accurate instrumental survey to establish co-ordinate, layout and proper verification system at site.
- Vertical & Horizontal Clearance shall be maintained for corresponding construction/components of subject work, within/outside Railway/construction limits for maintaining desired safety/construction requirements. Contractor to submit As built drawings.
The complete Bid Document can be viewed / downloaded from the e- Procurement portal i.e. https://www.etenders.gov.in/eprocure/app free of Cost.
About IRCON International Limited (IRCON):
IRCON International Limited (IRCON), a Schedule “A” & Mini Ratna – I Central Public Sector Undertaking (CPSU), incorporated by the Ministry of Railways, Central government, under the Companies Act, 1956 on 28th April 1976 originally under the name Indian Railway Construction Company Limited. IRCON is an integrated engineering and construction company in India operating since last 44 years with specialization in major turnkey infrastructure projects, including Railways, Roads, Highways, Bridges, Flyovers, Tunnels, Aircraft maintenance hangars, Runways, EHV sub-stations, Metro & MRT, and others.
Source: IRCON-Tender | Image Credit (representational): DFCCIL