IRCON International Limited for and on behalf of ECR, Hajipur has invited online bids in two packet systems on prescribed forms from bonafide firms/companies having requisite experience and financial capacity for execution of the work given below.
- Tender Reference Number: IRCON/2068/HB/Track Maintenance/2021/02
- Name of Work: Maintenance of new BG DN Track between station SDG-SPP for a period of six months in Sonepur Division of E.C.Railway.
- Estimated Cost of Work: INR 35.81 Lakhs
- Completion Period: 6 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 02-Sep-2021
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 24-Sep-2021
- Bid Submission Start Date: 16-Sep-2021
- Bid Submission End Date: 24-Sep-2021
- Bid Opening Date: 25-Sep-2021
Scope of Work:
- The contract will be governed by the provisions of Indian Railways / East Central Railway Standard General Condition of Contract, July 2014 (hereinafter called the General Conditions of Contract/GCC) as modified and added to by the following Special Conditions of Contract which shall be read and construed as General Conditions as if they were incorporated therewith.
- All the terms referred in Indian Railways Standard General Condition of Contract, July 2014 would be applicable to contract of subject construction work.
- Wherever there is conflict in any condition between GCC and special conditions mentioned in tender documents. The condition mentioned in the special condition will prevail.
- However, the Engineer-in-charge decision in this connection shall be final and binding. The Ministry of Railways (Railway Board) /E C Railway have awarded the contract for the Doubling of Railway Line between Hajipur-Bachhwara (72) to M/s IRCON International Limited.
- Various elements involved in this work are broadly indicated below for guidance:-
- Execution of “Maintenance of new BG DN Track between station SDG-SPP at normal sectional speed for a period of six months by deploying two p.way gangs (each gang comprising of one mate and suitable 18 nos P.way works trained persons) having experience of working in running track in Sonepur Division of E.C.Railway” this shall be operated with written approval of Engineer-in-charge.
- The contractor shall work out the requirement of manpower and machineries coping with the scope of work to be completed within the targeted period and accordingly ensure deployment of those manpower and machineries.
- Arranging inspection of concerned IRCON/railway officials.
- Any other work required for completion of the work under this contract as per direction of Engineer-in-charge. The details of works are indicated elsewhere in the tender documents/drawings. The scope described here is only indicative in nature and shall be deemed as inclusive of all items to be executed for its completion as per Specifications and Drawings.
- Payable items are provided in the Bill of Quantities (BOQ) and any other enabling / temporary works required to be carried out for the eventful completion of the proposed work are deemed to have been included in the rates quoted for the payable items in the BOQ. No claims of whatever nature shall be entertained for any item of enabling / temporary works including supply of necessary materials, tools & plants not specifically covered in this scope of work and in the bill of quantities.
- It is expected that the contractor being selected based on the previous experience of executing the similar work/works is well acquainted with the extent of enabling/ temporary works required but not specifically indicated in the scope above and not covered for payment in the bill of quantities
- The Contractor will arrange site clearing, required dismantling, left over utility shifting etc.
- Safety bands, Ribbons and other gadgets for construction sites & workmen shall be maintained as per scheme approved by the engineer. Safety boards duly written with desired LOGO & safety slogans shall be displayed for information of workers so that they do not enter restricted premises. The quoted rates are deemed to include the cost of all such bands, ribbons, gadgets etc. and nothing extra shall be paid for such items.
- The Contractor shall organize, conduct & maintain required & proper quality control test and records for day-to-day work on a regular basis. The contractor shall ensure that the work is executed conforming to the approved design, drawings and specifications.
- For execution of work the contractor has to follow Safety, Health & Environment Manual of IRCON and the approved quality Assurance program. The Engineers/Supervisors/staff to be deployed by the Contractor shall work under the direction of the Engineer/Employer.
- They shall be bound to carry out all duties related with the work assigned by the Engineer or his representative. All facilities & equipment’s required for proper construction & quality control during execution of entire work such as survey instruments including TOTAL STATION, testing equipment’s, laboratory facilities etc. shall be arranged by the contractor at his own cost.
- Wherever required, the contractor has to carry out accurate instrumental surveys to establish co-ordinate, layout and proper verification system at site.
- The contractor shall submit free of cost all “As built drawings (in Hard copies and soft copies)” in appropriate size & sufficient number of copies, as directed by the Engineer.
- The contractor shall provide complete design for any/all temporary works & arrangements etc. for the same, without claiming any extra cost as desired by the Engineer.
- Vertical & Horizontal Clearance shall be maintained for corresponding construction/components of subject work, within/outside Railway/Construction limits for maintaining desired safety/construction requirements.
- If required, the contractor shall arrange all desired tests for building work, plumbing work, and electrical work before handing over the building on his own cost. Contractor shall do all desired formalities for proper handing over of the building to their end user on his own cost.
Website https://www.etenders.gov.in/eprocure/app may be referred for detailed terms and conditions of the bidding documents, which is available online.
Source: IRCON-Tender | Image Credit (representational): MoR