Ircon International Limited on behalf of Northern Railway has invited from bidders meeting the qualifying requirements for the work of “ Design, Supply, Installation, Testing & Commissioning of Tunnel Communication system consisting of Emergency Call & Service Telephone, CCTV, Tunnel Radio and PA System in Tunnel Environment on Dharam-Banihal section of Jammu Kashmir Rail Link Project under Ferozepur division of Northern Railway.
- Tender Reference Number: IRCON/1014/TUNNELCOMM
- Estimated Cost of the Work: INR 194.3 Crores
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 30-Jun-2021
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 26-Jul-2021
- Bid Submission Start Date: 20-Jul-2021
- Bid Submission End Date: 26-Jul-2021
- Bid Opening Date: 27-Jul-2021
Scope of Work:
Design, Manufacture, Supply, Installation, Testing & Commissioning of complete Tunnel communication system consisting of Emergency Call & Service Telephone, CCTV, Tunnel Radio and PA System in Tunnel Environment on Dharam – Banihal section of USBRL Project under Ferozepur division of Northern Railway.
Website https://etenders.gov.in/eprocure/app may be referred for detailed terms and conditions of the bidding documents, which is available on line.
About the Project:
- The USBRL (Udhampur Srinagar Baramulla Rail Link) is a National project undertaken by the Indian Railways for construction of a broad-gauge railway line through the Himalayas with the aim of connecting the Kashmir region with rest of the country.
- The all-weather, comfortable, convenient and cost effective mass transportation system will be the catalyst for the overall development of the northernmost alpine region of the country.
- Construction of the first three phases of the project has been completed and the line is in operational use for running of trains between Baramulla-Banihal in Kashmir valley and Jammu-Udhampur-Katra in Jammu region.
- Work on the intervening 111 Km section Katra-Banihal, the most arduous and treacherous portion due to its geology and extensive riverine system replete with deep gorges is ongoing.
- There are several iconic bridges and tunnels coming up in this section.
- Most of the rail track is slated to be in tunnels or bridges in this section.
- In the absence of an effective surface transport system in this in-hospitable region, Railways had to first lay access roads to the tune of 205 Km to reach the construction sites.
- Three agencies; IRCON, KRCL and Northern Railway with extensive experience in construction of rail lines are involved in this project.
- Many international agencies and premier Indian institutes like IIT Roorkee, IIT Delhi, DRDO and Geological Survey of India are providing expertise in planning and implementation.
- Several sets of tunnelling machineries and cranes have also been imported.
Source: IRCON-Tender | Image Credit (representational): MoR