IRCON International Limited, a Government of India Undertaking of Ministry of Railways, has invited bid on prescribed form for CTP-12 for “USFD testing of Flash Butt/AT welds (Grade 1080 HH 60 kg rail) as per Indian Railway Standard Specifications for ultrasonic testing of Rails/welds, Revised-2012 (with latest amendments) and Manual for Ultrasonic Testing of Rails and Welds-Revised 2012 (with latest correction slip) issued by RDSO with contractor own machine and operator, at IRCON’s Ancheli depot and Palghar depot in connection with “Design & construction of civil, building and track works for Vaitarna – Sachin section of Dedicated Freight Corridor Project, CTP-12”
- Tender Reference Number: IRCON/3018/DFCCILCTP12/e Tender/USFD/Rails/08-391
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 30-Jun-2021
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 19-Jul-2021
- Bid Submission Start Date: 09-Jul-2021
- Bid Submission End Date: 19-Jul-2021
- Bid Opening Date: 20-Jul-2021
- IRCON has set up a Flash butt welding plant for Flash Butt Welding of rails as per DFCCIL Specifications of Indian Railways (Flash Butt Welding manual Revision 2012 and subsequent amendments).
- The contractor has to deploy its skilled manpower with proper certification from RDSO to execute the Ultrasonic flaw detection test of each welded joint with resources as explained in detail in the following paras.
Scope of Work:
The detailed scope of various activities of work is as under:
- Ultrasonic Flaw Detection (USFD) testing of Welds are to be done for FB/AT Welds of 1080 Gr., 60 Kg HH, 110 UTS Rails at Ancheli Main Depot at Amalsad, Gujarat and Palghar Depot at Maharashtra in connection of Design & construction of Civil, Building and Track works for Vaitarna – Sachin section of Dedicated Freight Corridor Project CTP-12.
- Ultrasonic Flaw Detection (USFD) testing of Welds shall be done by contractor with their Digital Ultrasonic flaw detector. The scope of work includes a complete job in all respects with all other incidental costs as per the directions of Engineer – in charge. Digital Record is required to be submitted for defective joints.
- All gauges, probes, transducer and any other tools and tackles required for the testing shall be in the scope of contractor. Soft grease as per RDSO Specification and thick oil of high viscosity grade (having viscosity grade of 150 cst or more) is to be used as couplant. Use of water is not permitted.
- Testing and reporting is to be done as per the “Indian Railway Standard Specification for Ultrasonic testing of weld (Provisional) Revised, 2012” (Addendum & Corrigendum issued by RDSO will supersede wherever applicable & compliance to provisions of specification with correction slips issued up to date shall be ensured). In case of any conflict, the Special Conditions shall prevail.
- Agencies have valid certified USFD Machine, USFD operators & Quality Control Supervisors along with approved Quality Assurance Plan in connection with USFD testing of Welds from RDSO, shall only be considered. The valid certificates are to be submitted along with Bid. The same shall be further submitted by IRCON to PMC/DFCCIL for approval.
- The day to day workings shall be verified by the PMC /DFCCIL engineers for certification of welds are mandatory. The testing of welds and certification of the test by PMC/DFCCIL shall be the responsibility of the contractor.
- The agency should have valid approved Quality Assurance Program (QAP) for the USFD testing of welds from RDSO in accordance to Procedure order for certification of USFD Machines, Operators, Quality Control Supervisors and QAP issued vide RDSO letter no. CT/USFD/Outsourcing. The guiding circular shall be as per Railway Board circular No. Track/21/2004/0902/7 dated 26.03.2014.
- The USFD machine should be maintained properly by getting it inspected periodically as prescribed by RDSO at the firm’s cost & necessary certificate should be furnished to IRCON. The equipment shall always be kept in good working condition. The correctness of machine working shall be to the satisfaction of the Engineer-in-charge.
- Agency shall be responsible for maintaining the validity of all the certifications/Approvals from RDSO during the currency of contract.
- Handing over of the work site will be done in phases as per the availability of site. Any claim for compensation in case of delay in handing over the site during the execution of work, shall not be entertained by IRCON.
- Maintaining of records: The contractor will prepare a record for each testing of weld joint as per proforma provided by IRCON/RDSO.
- USFD testing of FB/AT welds shall be carried out in depot as well as on site. All the arrangements for conveyance of manpower/machines for USFD shall be provided by the contractor.
- All the arrangements for manpower deployed by the contractor including conveyance, food and accommodation shall be provided by the contractor.
- Observation of safety requirements and provision of personal protection equipments to manpower resources engaged for the work Adequate measures of safety of the plant and personnel engaged for the work is to be ensured. All the personal protective equipments to the workmen deployed for the work shall be provided by the contractor.
- All the personal engaged for the works shall wear the following personal protection gears while working
- Safety jacket
- Safety helmet
- Safety shoes
- Safety goggles
- Hand Gloves
Note: Without above personal protection gears no personal will be permitted to work at the site.
The complete Bid Document can be viewed / downloaded from the e-procurement portal i.e. https://www.etenders.gov.in/eprocure/app free of cost.
Following are the some of the tenders floated by IRCON for Dedicated Freight Corridors:
- Tender No.: DFCCIL/EL/TDL/BPU-KRJ/TEMS/T-007
- Name of work: Design, Supply, Erection, Testing and Commissioning of Traction Energy Management System for DFCCIL (New Bhaupur-New Khurja) Section.
- Estimated Cost Of work: Rs. 81.93 Lakh
- Period of Contract: 03 Months
- Tender No: IRCON/3018/DFCCIL-CTP12/e-Tender/Mechanized Track/MH/08-386
- Estimated Cost: Rs. 34.97 Crore
- Completion Period: 12 (Twelve) Months from the date of issue of LOA.
- Name of work: “Track Linking activities (Pre, During and post) with Mechanized track laying works with NTC machine (provided by IRCON) – Assembly, Laying and Linking of BG (1676 mm gauge) main line double track with 60 Kg HH Rails on PSC Sleepers including procurement of P. way materials, spreading of Ircon’s Ballast, carrying out level crossing works, assembly and insertion of turnouts, Track survey works for Dedicated Freight Corridor Project CTP-12 – Section between DFC 176+240 to Ch. 101+ 558 Gholvad to Vaitarana (excluding Crossing stations New Gholvad, New Palghar & New Saphale) in the state of Maharashtra” (Total Length 140.262 TKM) .
Source: IRCON-Tender | Image Credit (reperesentational): DFCCIL