IRCON International Limited has invited an online e-Tender for Construction of civil works involving earthwork, GSB filling, RCC foundations, road works, flooring, external water supply, sewerage system and other developmental works for construction of track construction base TCB 1 & 2 (MAHSR km 235 & km 255 respectively) at various locations between Zaroli Village at Maharashtra-Gujarat border (MAHSR km 156.600) and Vadodara (MAHSR km 393.700) in the state of Gujarat and the union territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli in connection with construction of Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail (Package MAHSR-T2).
- Tender Reference Number: IRCON/3026/MAHSR/T2/TCB-1&2_Constr./01
- Name of Work: Construction of civil works involving earthwork, GSB filling, RCC foundations, road works, flooring, external water supply, sewerage system and other developmental works for construction of track construction base TCB 1 & 2 (MAHSR km 235 & km 255 respectively) at various locations between Zaroli Village at Maharashtra-Gujarat border (MAHSR km 156.600) and Vadodara (MAHSR km 393.700) in the state of Gujarat and the union territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli in connection with construction of Mumbai- Ahmedabad High Speed Rail (Package MAHSR-T2).
- Estimated Cost of Work: INR 4,18,97,881 Crore
- EMD: INR 5,19,000 Lakh
- Period Of Work: 180 Days
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 30th December, 2022
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 20th January, 2023
- Pre-Bid Meeting Date: 10th January, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 13th January, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 20th January, 2023
- Bid Opening Date: 23rd January, 2023
Scope of Work:
- Proposed work broadly comprises of but not limited to works for Construction of Civil works involving Earthwork, GSB filling, RCC foundations, Road Works, Flooring, External Water supply, Sewerage system and other developmental works for construction of Track Construction Base TCB 1 & 2 (MAHSR km 235 & km 255 respectively) at various locations between Zaroli Village at Maharashtra-Gujarat border (MAHSR km 156.600) and Vadodara (MAHSR km 393.700) in the state of Gujarat and the union territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli in connection with Construction of Mumbai- Ahmedabad High Speed Rail (Package-MAHSR-T2).
- The Contractor shall work out the requirement of manpower and machineries coping with the scope of work to be completed within the targeted period and accordingly ensure deployment of those manpower and machineries.
- The Contractor(s) is expected to use the latest technology and machinery and achieve the most efficient and best quality work.
- Various elements involved in this work are broadly indicated below but not limited to below mentioned activities:
- True and proper setting out and layout of the works, providing location marks, bench marks etc.as per coordinates system adopted by Client.
- Site Clearance, Relocation of utilities & Removal/dismantling of existing structures, if any, in the working area.
- Earthwork: Construction of Embankment/Cutting including clearing & grubbing, stripping of Soil, Earthwork in filling (with suitable soil from approved borrow area & cut spoil)/Cutting and further disposal of unsuitable earth etc., Construction of Granular Sub-base , complete as mentioned in Bill of Quantity and as per instruction of Engineer in-charge.
- RCC/PCC Work: Construction of footings for foundation, drains and other miscellaneous works etc. complete in accordance with provisions of contract and as directed by engineer in charge.
- Road works: In accordance with provisions of contract, Bill of Quantity and as directed by engineer in charge.
- Scope includes civil works for all elements of building work and related external works with works of Foundations, Brickwork in foundation, works of external water supply & sewerage works, septic tanks, soak pits, borewells, water tanks, car parking, pathways, roads, etc. using approved material specified in the BOQ/technical specifications at various specified locations:
|S. No.||Type of work (Major)||No. of sites||Approx. Qty. per site||Tentative MAHSR Chainage of Sites|
|1||Engineer’s Site Hut||1||200 Sqm||Km 255|
|2||IRCON’s Site Office||1||75 Sqm||Km 255|
|3||Road Works||2||300 m||Km 235 & km 255|
|4||Earthwork in filling||2||7500 cum||Km 235 & km 255|
|5||GSB filling||2||4000 cum||Km 235 & km 255|
- The necessary civil works are to be carried out in a phased manner as per standard Engineering practice and as per Engineer’s/ Employer’s requirements. The general character and the scope of work to be carried out under this contract is illustrated in specifications and the schedule of the quantities and the detailed drawings to be made available from time to time during the construction.
- The contractor shall carry out and complete the said work under this contract in every respect in conformity with the contract documents and with the direction of and to the satisfaction of the Employer.
- The contractor shall furnish all labour, materials and equipment as listed under the schedule of quantities and specified otherwise, transportation and incidentals necessary for supply, installation and testing complete as described in the specifications and as shown on the drawings. This also includes any material, equipment, appliances and incidental work not specifically mentioned herein or noted on the drawings/ documents as being furnished or installed.
- The scope of work envisaged in this contract includes the earthwork, cement concrete work, Reinforced cement concrete work, brick work, steel work, rain water disposal, plastering, external water supply & sewerage works, drainage, structural Steel work, roads, fencing, development works, etc. complete in all respect as per approved plans with contractors all labour, material, T&P etc. with all leads & lifts including dewatering involved if any. The detailed scope is as per the details in Bill of Quantities and as per Drawings.
- The bidder shall be responsible for arranging all resources, such as machinery/ equipment, manpower, materials, electricity, water etc. with all leads & lifts, including all taxes, duties, toll, levies etc. complete, necessary for the successful completion of the work except those items mentioned as IRCON’s responsibilities in this terms & conditions. The bidder shall also be responsible for safe transportation of all the deliverables to the site.
- The sites are situated along the high-speed corridor and are accessible from the nearby Highways/ Roads/ Construction Roads etc. However, such temporary roads may not be suitable for long carriers like low bed or high bed trailers. The Bidder is advised to do a site visit and understand the site conditions before offering the rates.
- Loading & unloading: Loading of the construction materials, other deliverables and any other resource required for the successful completion of work from source and unloading the same at the site is the bidder’s responsibility. The cost of such loading & unloading is deemed included in the quoted rate.
- Cost of all resources required for successfully executing the work at site shall be on the bidder’s account. Such resources include skilled manpower, appropriate instruments, equipment, machines, accessories, conveyance, lodging & boarding facilities for the manpower deployed, safety & security, accessing the site etc.
- Electricity: Electricity (by provision of DG including fuel) for the site activities (during installation) shall be in contractor’s scope.
- Round the clock watch & ward of the materials supplied at the site shall be arranged by bidder until the works are completed and handed over.
- Provision of all external fixtures & fittings using approved material specified in the technical specifications as directed by IRCON will be in scope of contractor.
- The bidder shall follow safety regulations of Indian Railways (electrified running lines) while working in their premises. Quoted rates shall be inclusive of all taxes/duties/cess/toll charges prevailing on the date of quotation submission.
- Co-ordination with all stakeholders regarding execution of work- PMC, NHSRCL, State government authorities for utility shifting if any, other agencies working at site or any other body as applicable.
- and as per drawings/ designs provided to contractors from time to time. The details of the locations are as given below:
- The contractor shall also be responsible for the collection of samples at source for its submission to external laboratories for testing as stipulated in relevant code & Specification or as desired by client/Engineer, Materials to be incorporated in the works for which the testing facility is not available in Contractor’s laboratory; will be tested from Client’s approved institute / Lab. The cost of tests at other approved labs shall be borne by the contractor.
All Finishing works:
- Any other item of work may be required for completing the works including all incidental works in all respects in accordance with the provisions of the contract and as per instruction of Client/Employer.
- Work is to be carried out as per the approved drawings, specifications and instructions of the Employer Representative. Items of works to be executed shall be as per the BOQ/ Schedule of the contract, Client Specifications and as per instructions of the Employer Representative.
- The bidder should possess the experience of having successfully completed similar works during the last 7-years (ending last day of the month previous to the one in which tenders are invited) which should be any one of the following:
- Three similar completed works each costing not less than the amount equal to 30% of the estimated cost, or
- Two similar completed works each costing not less than the amount equal to 40% of the estimated cost, or
- One similar completed work costing not less than the amount equal to 60% of the estimated cost.
- Completed Works/ Substantially completed works shall be considered for evaluation subject to meeting the conditions provided under explanation to above Essential Qualifying Criteria
- Similar works shall mean the “Construction of Earthwork & RCC works”
- Experience in Key Activities/Specified Component: The Bidder should have completed following Key Activities/Specified Component during last 7 years in one contract or multiple contracts,
- Minimum 2000 Cum of Earthwork in Roads, Railways, Airports, Seaports, Metro or Buildings
- Minimum 30 Cum of M-25 or Higher Grade of Concrete in RCC Work.
About MAHSR Project:
- Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail (MAHSR) Project is 508 Km long first High- Speed Rail (HSR) network planned to be constructed in India.
- Out of 508Km, 352 Km lies in the State of Gujarat (348 Km) and Dadra & Nagar Haveli (4Km) and the balance 156 Km lies in the State of Maharashtra.
- The Construction Work is in progress in both Gujarat and Dadra & Nagar Haveli where 98% and 100% land has been acquired respectively.
- In Gujarat, High Speed Rail alignment passes through eight districts i.e. Valsad, Navsari, Surat, Bharuch, Vadodara, Anand, Kheda and Ahmedabad and work is in progress in all the eight districts.
- In Maharashtra land acquisition done so far is 40%.
- The project will entail an investment of 72,000 Crs in the state of Gujarat in both Land & construction.
- So far an expenditure of 14,200 Crs has been done.
- The project will generate direct & indirect employment of 60,000 in Gujarat state.
About IRCON International Limited:
- IRCON International Limited (IRCON), a Schedule “A” & Mini Ratna-I Central Public Sector Undertaking (CPSU), incorporated by the Ministry of Railways, Central government, under the Companies Act, 1956 on 28th April 1976 originally under the name Indian Railway Construction Company Limited.
- IRCON is an integrated engineering and construction company in India operating since last 44 years with specialisation in major turnkey infrastructure projects, including Railways, Roads, Highways, Bridges, Flyovers, Tunnels, Aircraft maintenance hangars, Runways, EHV substations, Metro & MRT, and others.
The complete documents can be downloaded from https://etenders.gov.in/eprocure/app
Source: IRCON- Tender | Image Credit (representational): NHSRCL