IRCON International Limited has invited an online e-Tender for Setting up of NTC base depot near Dhangawan yard with manual track linking works between NTC depot to Pendra Station including supply of material (except supply of rails, ballast and sleepers) for the section between Gevra (km 0) to Pendra road (135.3 Km) & Urga to Kusmunda (Km 11.516) in connection with the construction of New BG Electrified Double Railway Line for Chhattisgarh East-West Rail Corridor in the state of Chhattisgarh over South East Central Railway.
- Tender Reference Number: IRCON/2060/CGRP/e-TENDER/22-23/ Gevra-Pendra/Pkg-60
- Name of Work: Setting up of NTC base depot near Dhangawan yard with manual track linking works between NTC depot to Pendra Station including supply of material (except supply of rails, ballast and sleepers) for the section between Gevra (km 0) to Pendra road (135.3 Km) & Urga to Kusmunda (Km 11.516) in connection with the construction of New BG Electrified Double Railway Line for Chhattisgarh East West Rail Corridor in the state of Chhattisgarh over South East Central Railway.
- Estimated Cost of Work: INR Basic Amount (in Rs.) 12,54,73,245.33 + GST @ 18% = 14,80,58,430.33/-
- EMD: INR 13,40,293/-
- Period Of Work: 09 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 01st April, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 21st April, 2023
- Pre-Bid Meeting Date: 12th April, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 15th April, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 21st April, 2023
- Bid Opening Date: 24th April, 2023
Scope of Work:
- Scope of work broadly includes supply of P. way material excluding ballast, Sleeper and Rails from RDSO approved sources, linking of track as per IRPWM, Gantry Portal erection work for handling of Rails/Sleeper/P Way materials through NTC machines, illumination of NTC Yard and associated electrical and S&T works for smooth functioning of NTC machine and receipt of Rails through BFR wagon.
- Contractor has to arrange a tamping machine, turnout tamping machine, Gantry Portals etc. The work also includes supply, fabrication and erection of Gantry Portal including its foundation work.
The work mainly includes the following:
- Supply of various P. way materials such as turnout (switches, crossings, fittings etc), derailing switches, switch expansion joints, glued insulated joints, track fittings such as elastic rail clips, grooved rubber sole plates, GFN liners, fish plates, fish bolts etc. from RDSO approved suppliers, supply of special type sleeper as per RDSO specifications, its storage, carriage of the same up to the worksites in contractor’s own trucks/trailers.
- Leading of track ballast from already measured stacks at various locations including loading in trucks, unloading and spreading of ballast in layers for initial ballast cushion, ballast shifting, re-handling with all lead & lifts for secondary ballasting as a complete job.
- Supply of special type Sleepers and Transportation/ Shifting of PSC Sleepers from Sleeper stacks at various locations along the track alignment or any other location including loading and unloading to/ from trucks/tractors.
- Leading and pairing of the rail panels of various lengths in block section/yards from various temporary welding depots/stacking yards along the track alignment including ascends, descends, crossing diversions/nallah etc. with the approved method and approved machinery, tools and tackles.
- Laying of new Broad Gauge P. Way track on 52kg / 60kg SH Rails with Sleepers on formation, girder bridges/ballasted deck bridges, curves, yards in straight line or in curve, with IRCON’s Rails with their complete fittings such as grooved rubber pads, metal liners / GFN liner, ER Clips, J-Clips, Bolts, Screws etc. at specified Sleeper density of 1660/ 1540 per km suitable for FP/SWR/LWR tracks with initial through packing and lifting of track in stages as directed by Engineer in-charge to bring the ballast cushion of about 250- 350mm, correct longitudinal profile and cross levels within tolerances as specified for making track fit for introduction of tamping machine and running of ballast trains.
- Pre and Post Tamping work for tamping of track in straight & curve alignment, turnouts by tamping machine.
- Installation of various types of turnouts, derailing switches, SEJ, glued joints, check Rails, guard Rails etc.
- Collection and submission of survey data sheets at 10 m. intervals using contractor’s own surveyor, auto level and total station machine (i.e. lift and slew values of the linked track with respect to given designed/proposed rail level and alignment of railway track) before each round of tamping of the track with Tamping machine. It includes pre-tamping & post-tamping operations, boxing of ballast etc.
- Execution of associated works such as sand hump, buffer dead ends, check Rails for level crossings, guard Rails, cutting of Rails, drilling of holes, slewing of the track, installation of various posts etc.
- Storage of Material: All the material at the site will have to be properly stacked & stored so as to facilitate inspection. The material should be properly protected from the detrimental effects of nature and fire, damage, theft etc.
- The contractor shall be responsible for watch & ward and any loss or deterioration on account of above shall lead to rejection of material and contractor has to replace the same at his own cost.
- The scope also includes supply, fabrication and erection of Gantry portals and other works as per the specifications mentioned in Bill of Quantities.
- The bidder should possess the experience of having successfully completed or substantially completed similar works during the last 7-years (ending last day of the month previous to the one in which tenders are invited) which should be anyone of the following:
- Three similar works each costing not less than the amount equal to 30% of the estimated cost i.e. ₹ 4,44,17,529.00 /-, or
- Two similar works each costing not less than the amount equal to 40% of the estimated cost i.e. ₹ 5,92,23,372.00/-, or
- One similar work costing not less than the amount equal to 60% of the estimated cost i.e. ₹ 8,88,35,058.00/-.
The Following will be considered as similar work:
- Work is considered similar if it involves execution of track linking work for new BG railway Line as per IRPWM with or without supply of P-Way material.
Experience in Following activities:
- Bidder should have executed following activities in last three (3) years (ending last day of the month previous to the one in which tenders are invited):
- Tracklinking work involving at least cumulative 3TKM
- Supply, fabrication and erection of Gantry portal with minimum structural steel work involving at least cumulative 90 MT.
- If the bidder does not have above experience in execution of structural steel work in Gantry portal, they can have an MOU with any agency having above experience of Supply, fabrication and erection of Gantry portal. The copy of the MOU will have to be submitted along with the tender.
The complete documents can be downloaded from https://etenders.gov.in/eprocure/app
Source: IRCON- Tender | Image Credit (representational): MoR