IRCON International Limited has invited an online e-Tender for Manufacture, supply and delivery of prime quality of 60 E1 profile 1080 grade Head Hardened Rails conforming to IRS T-12-2009 with latest amendments for corridor 4 of Chennai Metro rail project Phase-2, in india.
- Tender Reference Number: IRCON/4024/CMRL/C-4/Tender/1080 HH Rail/
- Name of Work: Manufacture, supply and delivery of prime quality of 60 E1 profile 1080 grade Head Hardened Rails conforming to IRS T-12-2009 with latest amendments for corridor 4 of Chennai Metro rail project Phase-2, in india.
- EMD: INR 33.09 Lakh
- Period Of Work: 680 Days
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 16th November, 2022
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 13th December, 2022
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 28th November, 2022
- Bid Submission Start Date: 06th December, 2022
- Bid Submission End Date: 13th December, 2022
- Bid Opening Date: 14th December, 2022
Scope of Work:
- The rails to be used on Chennai Metro rail project shall be a minimum class A, first quality 60E1 profile, Grade 1080 Rails conforming to the full manufacturing processes, equipment used in the manufacturing process, testing procedures and frequency of tests as stipulated in the Indian Railway Standard Specification IRS T-12:2009 “Standard specification for flat bottom railway rails” – with latest amendments.
- The scope of work in the subject tender shall include but not limited to the following for detailed specifications applicable for this tender Supplier shall refer the Technical Specifications in Section-6 of the tender document:
- Supply of 60E1 Grade 1080HH as per the Technical Specification mentioned in Section- 6 of tender documents including cost of deployment of all plant and machinery required in connection with the work.
- For Supplier’s from outside purchaser’s country: Manufacture & Supply of above rails on CIF basis to Chennai Port & for Supplier’s from within the purchaser’s country – Manufacture & Supply of above rails to IRCON store near project site in Chennai, Tamil Nadu (India) including Ex works cost, loading, transportation, unloading & stacking as per specifications (suitable stacking yard for rails shall be provided by Employer):
- The Rails shall be of Class A, undrilled, 18mt long and colour coded as per IRS-T12:2009.
- Rails shall be manufactured & supplied prior to the key dates given in Clause no. 15.0 of SCC for installation in Underground section & Elevated section separately.
- Submission of all necessary technical documents, which shall prove that Manufacture and Supply are complying with relevant International/Indian Standards specified in Technical Specification (Section-6), including the durability assessment, qualification test reports.
- Carrying out qualification test, acceptance test as per the approved Inspection and Test plan.
- Client/Employer/Engineer or his authorised representative may witness the tests/inspection or conduct test checks to be organised by supplier for validation of test/inspection as specified in Inspection and Test plan.
- The expenses of such a test including the travel and accommodation shall be borne by the supplier for up to three persons for each inspection.
- Providing a rail stacking area with firm and level bed shall be the responsibility of the Employer. Supplier shall stack the rails with proper supports for storage as recommended by the supplier/instructed by client/Engineer as per the applicable rail handling specifications/guidelines.
- All rails shall be USFD tested at the factory before dispatch.
- Mechanized handling, loading and transportation of rails from Ex works duly coordinating with road authorities, obtaining necessary permits for transportation etc., unloading and stacking on firm & level base at the site as per the method statement approved by the Client/Engineer.
- Transit insurance and safe transportation without any damage to materials duly taking proper care and precautions and following the method statement approved by the Engineer.
- Project Authority certificate shall be issued by the Engineer for imported items
- All the other cost and charges, for Supplier’s from outside purchaser’s country, including all other duties, transit insurance, taxes, levies etc. applicable on the work outside purchaser’s country & for Supplier’s from the purchaser’s country, taxes & duties, levies applicable, transit insurance etc., shall be paid by the Contractor.
- Observing all safety precautions as required during all operations covered under this tender.
- Supply of drawings, tracings or Reports of the material to be supplied shall, unless otherwise directed, be furnished by the Supplier with the first consignment of the work to which they relate.
- The Supplier shall warrant that everything to be furnished hereunder shall be free from defects and faults in design, material, workmanship and manufacture and shall be of the highest grade and consistent with the established and generally accepted standards for goods of the type ordered and in full conformity with the contract specifications and samples if any, and shall if operable, operate properly.
- Warranty will be as per IRS-T-12-2009 with up-to- date amendments.
- This warranty shall survive inspection of, payment for and acceptance of the goods, but shall expire 60 months after the delivery to the port consignee (for foreign supplier) / 60 months from the date of dispatch (for domestic supplier) except in respect of complaints, defects and/or claims notified to the Supplier within 3 (Three) months of expiry of such date.
- Any approval of acceptance by purchaser of the stores or of the material incorporated herein shall not in any way limit the Supplier’s liability.
- The Supplier’s liability in respect of any complaints, defects and/or claims shall be limited to the complete replacement of the goods to the extent that such replacements are attributable to or arise from faulty workmanship or material or design in the manufacture of the stores, provided that the defects are brought to the notice of Supplier within 3 (Three) months of their being first discovered during the warranty period or from the date of expiry of warranty period, or at the option of the Purchaser to the payment of the value, expenditure and damage as hereafter mentioned.
- The Supplier shall, if required, replace or repair the goods or such portion thereof as is rejected by the Purchaser free of cost at the ultimate destination or at the option of Purchaser, the Supplier shall pay to Purchaser value thereof at the contract price or in the absence of such price at price decided by the Purchaser and such other expenditure and damages as may arise by reason of the breach of the conditions herein specified.
- All replacement and repair that the Purchaser shall call upon the Supplier to deliver or perform under this warranty shall be delivered and performed by the Supplier within 3 (Three) months, promptly and satisfactorily.
- Prompt clearance of the warranty replacement on arrival at Port/Airport shall be the responsibility of the Supplier or his representatives after payment of Customs and other duties as applicable.
- If the Supplier so desires, the replaced goods/parts can be taken over by him or his representative in India for disposal as he deems fit at the time of replacement of goods/parts. No claim whatsoever shall lie on the Purchaser for the replaced parts thereafter.
- The warranty herein contained shall not apply to any material which shall have been repaired or altered by the Purchaser, or on his behalf in any way without the consent of the Supplier, so as to affect the strength, performance or reliability or to any defects to any part due to misuse, negligence or accident. Welding of rail joints, provision of glued joints/ switch expansion joints/ turnouts/ fish plated joints/ joggled fish plates, etc. shall not be considered as alterations.
- The decision of the Purchaser in regard to Supplier’s liability and the amount, if any, payable under this warranty shall be final and conclusive.
Inspections and Tests:
- The testing and inspection of HH rails (UIC 60 IRS‐T‐12‐2009 (60E1 PROFILE)), 1080 Grade and 880 Grade Rails (UIC 60 IRS‐T‐12‐2009 (60E1 PROFILE)) shall be strictly in accordance with the Testing and Inspection plan approved by Purchaser.
- Sample lot to be tested as per IRS‐T‐12‐2009, in accordance to Qualification Test for qualification of Manufacturer. The cost towards testing and witnessing (including that of travel, accommodation etc.) of nominated officials including independent parties, if any, shall be borne by the supplier.
- The purchaser shall appoint Inspecting authority for pre‐dispatch/pre‐shipment inspection & testing of materials as per approved inspection and testing plan. Where no procedure for testing is specified, the supplier shall propose suitable standard or particular procedures for Purchaser’s Approval.
- In addition to the inspection and testing by the inspecting authority, the purchaser or his authorized representative may also witness the tests and/or conduct test checks to be organized by the supplier for validation of test/inspection by the inspecting authority. The expense of such tests shall be borne by the supplier.
- Periodically, during the Contract the purchaser/his authorized representative may conduct inspections of manufacturing activities at the premises of the supplier and those of his sub suppliers. Such inspections shall include quality procedure checks, witness inspections, both routine and prototype, and shall also be for the purpose of monitoring progress. During each inspection, suitably qualified staff shall be provided by the supplier.
- The bidder shall furnish a duly filled Inspection & Test Plan (ITP). After the rails are manufactured and inspected, the supplier shall submit the ITP duly filled with results.
About IRCON International Limited:
- IRCON International Limited (IRCON), a Schedule “A” & Mini Ratna-I Central Public Sector Undertaking (CPSU), incorporated by the Ministry of Railways, Central government, under the Companies Act, 1956 on 28th April 1976 originally under the name Indian Railway Construction Company Limited.
- IRCON is an integrated engineering and construction company in India operating since last 44 years with specialisation in major turnkey infrastructure projects, including Railways, Roads, Highways, Bridges, Flyovers, Tunnels, Aircraft maintenance hangars, Runways, EHV substations, Metro & MRT, and others.
The complete documents can be downloaded from https://etenders.gov.in/eprocure/app
Source: IRCON- Tender | Image Credit (representational): CMRL