IRCON International Limited has invited online EOI in Single packet system on prescribed forms from Eligible agencies for jointly pursuing works of Train Collision Avoidance System (TCAS) for Indian Railways.
- EOI Notice No.: IRCON/BD/2020/EOI/2020-21/TCAS/01
- Name of Work: Notice Inviting Expression of Interest (EOI) for Empanelment of Agencies for jointly pursuing works of Train Collision Avoidance System (TCAS) for Indian Railways along with Ircon International Limited
- Clarification Start Date: 23.02.2021
- Clarification End Date: 04.03.2021
- EoI Submission Start Date: 25.02.2021
- EoI Submission End Date: 05.03.2021
- EoI Opening Date: 08.03.2021
To optimize the line capacity and enhance safety and efficiency of Train Operations on its vast Rail Network Modernization of Infrastructure through induction of Modern Signalling and Train Control System is a priority area of Indian Railway. Indian Railways is upgrading its Automatic Signaling with TCAS for operational trains at higher speeds. Such systems are also being installed in a big way as a part of other Major Infrastructure Projects.
- This entails massive project delivery on Rail Network in this area. IRCON, a CPSU under Ministry of Railways plans to establish a formidable presence in this domain involving planning, designing, execution and commissioning i.e. complete project delivery of modern signalling and telecom projects for different Railway Systems/ associated subsidiary unit/PSUs.
- IRCON in the field of Modernization of Signalling and Telecom is rapidly expanding it’s footprint in this domain. IRCON has capacity and capability to take up Turn Key Projects of Modern Railway Signaling & Telecommunication related with Safety enhancement, efficiency and capacity improvement such as:
- Provision of Electronic Interlocking (EI) work including Civil/Building work
- Automatic Train Protection (ATP)- ETCS L-I & ETCS L-2
- Mobile Train Radio Communication System using LTE
- Provision of Modern Track Detection System SSDAC/MDAC
- Provision Universal Block interface using OFC for Block Proving
- Laying of OFC cable and Networking.
- Provision of Video surveillance system.
- Interlocking of L C Gate with Approach warning.
- Provision of Solar system
- Signal Design, and Design Centre with features ranging from Yard and Signal Configuration Plan to Control Tables to preparation of Application Logic. We are also in the process of procuring a Signalling Design Automation Software Tools with Verification and Validation and for Simulation Testing and Certification for Interlocking.
- Train Collision Avoidance System (TCAS) as detailed in the scope of work is an important modern Signalling system (Computer based) designed indigenously in association with RDSO, under ministry of Indian Railways, for Train Safety. These systems become an essential safety requirement at higher speeds as already planned on important routes on Indian Railways and are therefore being progressively inducted on Zonal Railways.
- In this regard for execution of works related to Train Collision Avoidance System (TCAS) and for associating for participating in such future tenders of various Zonal Railways/Other Railways in India, along with IRCON, in accordance with customer requirements, IRCON proposes to empanel business partner/associates through this Expression of Interest (EOI) from interested Companies/Enterprises with domain experience of having executed automatic Train Protection System (TPWS/ETCS/TCAS) on any Railway/Metro Network. IRCON may also enter into a suitable consortium/ JV / Specialist Sub contractor arrangement for bidding and executing such specific major TCAS works of IR.
- The parties (Ircon and Selected Applicant) shall jointly make all efforts for preparation of proposal/bid and presentations to secure any contract which the two parties decide to undertake in Indian Railways. Once a business opportunity of mutual interest is identified and agreed to be pursued, a specific MOU/Agreement on exclusive basis incorporating the terms of association, roles and responsibilities, funding arrangements, sharing of expenses and resources, exclusivity, etc. shall be entered into. The exact structure of association, the division of work between the parties, the resource arrangement etc. may vary from case to case and shall be on mutually agreed terms.
- Each party hereto shall bear separately and solely all costs and expenses it has incurred in connection with the preparation, submission and negotiation of the bid up to the date of award of the contract for the project (s) which the two parties decide to undertake together, unless otherwise agreed upon in writing. No Party shall incur or commit to incur any expenditure on behalf of the other Party unless and until otherwise expressly agreed to in writing.
Brief outline of Scope of Work for which EoI is invited:
Train Collision Avoidance System (TCAS) shall conform to RDSO Specification No. RDSO/SPN/196/2012 Ver. 3.2 or latest. It shall broadly involve following components:
- Design, supply, installation, configuration, testing, and commissioning of:
- On board TCAS equipment, DMI unit, radio equipment including antenna, all other associated equipment’s in locomotives of different types, interfacing with brake unit of the loco, in a fail safe manner, in Electric/ Diesel Loco‘s in nominated loco sheds.
- Trackside TCAS equipment at stations /Level crossings/ Auto Huts/IB locations and its interface with existing signal interlocking’s/ circuits of electronic or relay based and all other associated work.
- Towers and radio equipment’s at stations, radio line up.
- Networking and NMS in control office.
- RFID tags at stations and block section and their configuration as per design prepared
- Detailed survey and data preparation of the railway section, systemconfiguration based on the same.
- Preparation and Submission of Application Safety Case Documents.
- All other work involved for complete TCAS system as per site and specs, Integration, Testing and commissioning of the entire system and handing over to Railways.
About IRCON International Limited (IRCON):
IRCON International Limited (IRCON), a Schedule “A” & Mini Ratna – I Central Public Sector Undertaking (CPSU), incorporated by the Ministry of Railways, Central government, under the Companies Act, 1956 on 28th April 1976 originally under the name Indian Railway Construction Company Limited. IRCON is an integrated engineering and construction company in India operating since last 44 years with specialization in major turnkey infrastructure projects, including Railways, Roads, Highways, Bridges, Flyovers, Tunnels, Aircraft maintenance hangars, Runways, EHV sub-stations, Metro & MRT, and others.
EoI document Availability: https://etenders.gov.in/eprocure/app
Source: IRCON-Tender | Image Credit (representational): MoR