IRCON International Limited has issued a Letter of Acceptance (LoA) to M/s Balajee Developers for Construction of station building, platforms, FOB & passenger sheds at Hathidah and Tal railway stations, in connection with Rampur Dumra-Tal Rajendrapul, additional bridge and doubling project near Mokama in Danapur Division of ECR.
- Tender Reference Number: IRCON/2066/RTR/TENDER/04-2022
- Name of Work: Construction of station building, platforms, FOB & passenger sheds at Hathidah and Tal railway stations, in connection with Rampur Dumra-Tal Rajendrapul, additional bridge and doubling project near Mokama in Danapur Division of ECR.
- Accepted Contract Amount: INR 23,99,81,053/- (Including GST)
- Completion Period: 09 Months
In October 2022, the IRCON invited a tender for Tender Number: IRCON/2066/RTR/TENDER/04-2022
Scope of Work:
- The Scope of Work includes the followings works at Hathidah (HTZ) & Tal (TAL) Stations in connection with New Mokama Bridge Project:
- Construction of Station Building, High Level Platforms, FOB across running/new Railway tracks & Passenger Sheds at Hathidah Railway Station as per approved drawings.
- Construction of Station Building, High Level Platforms, FOB across running/new Railway track & Passenger Sheds at Tal Railway Station as per approved drawings. Proposed work broadly comprises but not limited to civil works inclusive of all required electrical & plumbing works, for the construction of Station Buildings, Platforms, FOBs & Passenger Sheds on above said locations.
- The scope of work is inclusive of any temporary protection work of existing embankment/ structure/Building and dewatering etc. if required during excavation or construction of new structure under the scope.
- No payment shall be made to the Contractor for any such protection work / dewatering work / drawing & design of such work and rate quoted in Bill of Quantities shall be deemed to be inclusive of all such costs.
- Building work at all locations to be completed within scheduled time. Hence the contractor shall work out the requirement of manpower, machineries, material and tools & tackles so that work could be executed within the targeted period and accordingly ensure deployment of those manpower and machineries.
- The Railway/IRCON reserves the right to get the work executed in the best and most economical manner and may add or may not operate any item(s) of work(s) as the Railway/IRCON may consider fit.
- The Contractor(s) is expected to use the latest technology and machinery and achieve the most efficient and best quality finished construction.
- Various elements involved in this work are broadly indicated below for guidance:
- Execution of above said scope of work with written approval of Engineer-in-charge.
- Arranging inspection of concerned IRCON/railway officials.
- Any other work required for completion of the work under this contract as per direction of Engineer-in-charge. The details of works are indicated elsewhere in the tender documents/drawings. The scope described here is only indicative in nature and shall be deemed as inclusive of all items to be executed for its completion as per Specifications and Drawings.
- Payable items are provided in the Bill of Quantities (BOQ) and any other enabling / temporary works & safety arrangements (temporary hard barricading between the existing track & proposed work) required to be carried out for the eventful completion of the proposed work are deemed to have been included in the rates quoted for the payable items in the BOQ.
- No claims of whatever nature shall be entertained for any item of enabling / temporary works & safety arrangements including supply of necessary materials, tools & plants not specifically covered in this scope of work and in the bill of quantities.
- It is expected that the contractor being selected based on the previous experience of executing the similar work/works is well acquainted with the extent of enabling/ temporary works required but not specifically indicated in the scope above and not covered for payment in the bill of quantities.
- The Contractor will arrange site clearing, required dismantling, left over utility shifting etc.
- Safety bands, Ribbons and other gadgets for construction site & workmen shall be maintained as per scheme approved by the engineer. Safety boards duly written with desired LOGO & safety slogans shall be displayed for information of workers so that they do not enter restricted premises. The quoted rates are deemed to include the cost of all such bands, ribbons, gadgets etc. and nothing extra shall be paid for such items.
- The Contractor shall organize, conduct & maintain required & proper quality control test and records for day-to-day work on a regular basis. The contractor shall ensure that the work is executed conforming to the approved design, drawings, and specifications. For execution of work the contractor has to follow Safety, Health & Environment Manual of IRCON and the approved quality Assurance program.
- The Engineers/Supervisors/staff to be deployed by the Contractor shall work under the direction of the Engineer/Employer. They shall be bound to carry out all duties related with the work assigned by the Engineer or his representative. All facilities & equipment required for proper construction & quality control during execution of entire work such as survey instruments including TOTAL STATION, testing equipment, laboratory facilities etc. shall be arranged by the contractor at his own cost.
- Wherever required, the contractor has to carry out accurate instrumental surveys to establish coordinate, layout and proper verification system at site.
- The contractor shall submit free of cost all “As built drawings (in Hard copies and soft copies)” in appropriate size & sufficient number of copies, as directed by the Engineer.
- The contractor shall provide complete design for any/all temporary works & arrangements etc. for the same, without claiming any extra cost as desired by the Engineer.
- Vertical & Horizontal Clearance shall be maintained for corresponding construction/components of subject work, within/outside Railway/Construction limits for maintaining desired safety/construction requirements.
- If required, the contractor shall arrange all desired tests for building work, plumbing work, and electrical work before handing over the building on his own cost. Contractor shall do all desired formalities for proper handing over of the building to their end user on his own cost.
- Certain works, which are executed in the vicinity of a running track, may require prior sanction of the Commissioner of Railway Safety (CRS) before execution of such works are taken up by the contractor. The Contractor shall be responsible to prepare and submit applications to the Engineer for obtaining sanction of CRS at least 60 (sixty) days in advance of commencing a work that requires prior sanction of CRS.
- As proof of possessing the experience in similar nature of work for carrying out the proposed work, the bidder should possess the experience of having successfully completed similar works during the last 7 years (ending last day of the month previous to the one in which subject tender is invited), which should be any one of the following:
- Three similar completed works each costing not less than the amount equal to 30% of the estimated cost i.e., ₹ 8,47,09,161.00/-.
- Two similar completed works each costing not less than the amount equal to 40% of the estimated cost i.e., ₹ 11,29,45,548.00/-.
- One similar completed work costing not less than the amount equal to 65% of the estimated cost i.e., ₹ 18,35,36,516.00/-.
- The financial turnover shall be judged from ITCC or Annual Reports including Profit and Loss Account.
- In case the financials of immediate prior Financial Year have not yet been audited till the time of submission of the tender, the bidder can submit an Affidavit to this effect stating that “the financial results of the immediate prior Financial Year has actually not been audited so far”.
- In such cases, the financials of preceding three audited financial years will be taken into consideration for evaluating the Annual Financial Turnover of the bidder. In the absence of such an Affidavit, the benefit of considering three preceding years would not be given and the bid would be evaluated considering turnover for two preceding years only.
- The Contractor should have a positive net worth. Net worth of the bidder shall be judged from the audited Balance Sheet of the last financial year ending on a date not prior to 18 months from the date of invitation of the tender, but not earlier than a year immediate prior Financial Year.
- The contractor should submit performance certificates and Letter of Award in reference to S.No.1 (minimum 3 nos., 2 nos. or 1 no. as the case may be) above issued by Government Organizations/ Semi Government Organizations/ Public Sector Undertakings/ Autonomous bodies/ Municipal bodies/ Public Limited Company / Concessionaire Company/ Private Company/ JV Company for having successfully completed similar works in the last 7 years.
- Certificates issued by such Public Limited Company / Concessionaire Company/ Private Company/ JV Company must be supported by Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) Certificates (Form 16A/26AS) in evidence of the value of work executed.
- The bidder shall sign the Affidavit as enclosed in Annexure- ‘IV’ of “Instructions to Tenderers”.
Source: IRCON- Tender Update | Image Credit (representational): Western Railway