IRCON International Limited has issued a Letter of Acceptance (LoA) to M/s Bhaskram Jyotish Anusandhan Kendra for Conducting geotechnical investigations, preparation of GADs for bridges, preparation and submission of final reports, in connection with development of rail infrastructure for proposed 02 Nos RLS (20 MTY) for Ananta OCP of Jagannath Area, MCL at modified route (i.e. through excavated de-coaled area of Ananta & Bharatpur OCP of MCL) at Talcher in the state of Odisha.
- Tender Reference Number: IRCON/R 1400028/MCL Siding/Tender/2022/02
- Name of Work: Conducting geotechnical investigations, preparation of GADs for bridges, preparation and submission of final reports, in connection with development of rail infrastructure for proposed 02 Nos RLS (20 MTY) for Ananta OCP of Jagannath Area, MCL at modified route (i.e. through excavated de-coaled area of Ananta & Bharatpur OCP of MCL) at Talcher in the state of Odisha.
- Accepted Contract Amount: INR 24,94,548/- (Including GST)
- Completion Period: 04 Months
In November 2022, the IRCON invited a tender for Tender Number: IRCON/R 1400028/MCL Siding/Tender/2022/02
Scope of Work:
- The scope of work for Conducting Geotechnical Investigations, preparation of GADs for bridges, preparation and submission of final reports, in connection with Development of Rail Infrastructure for proposed 02 Nos RLS (20 MTY) for Ananta OCP of Jagannath Area, MCL at modified route (i.e. through excavated de-coaled area of Ananta & Bharatpur OCP of MCL) at Talcher in the state of Odisha covered as under:
- Deployment of adequate manpower, materials, plant, machinery, equipment etc. complete. Conducting Detailed survey work for collection and complication of existing field details as described in the relevant BOQ item.
- To carry out detailed soil exploration works required for design of all bridges/structures (for B. G. railway Track of 25T axle load). All soil exploration works required for design such as finding safe bearing capacity and also laboratory tests to find out all properties of soil obtained from bore holes etc., are to be carried out by the tenderer.
- All tests have to be carried out by the tenderer as per BOQ items and relevant specifications. The tenderer has to ascertain the locations of boreholes as per coordinates and decide and ensure himself the correctness of bore hole position(s) for each structure.
- Modification/Preparation of Yard plan as described in the relevant BOQ item. Preparation of GADs of all bridges/structures (for B. G. Railway Track of 25T axle load) as described in the relevant BOQ item.
- Preparation and submission of Final report giving complete and comprehensive record of investigations, Photographs of samples, laboratory test reports and calculations in approved format.
- The scope mentioned above is only indicative and not exhaustive. The entire inputs/resources required for the above work is included in the scope of the Tenderer.
Inspection of Site and Site Data:
- The Employer/Engineer shall make available with Tender Documents such data on hydrological and subsurface conditions, if any, obtained from investigations undertaken relevant to the works.
- The tender shall be deemed to have been based on such data, if provided, but the Contractor shall be responsible for his own interpretation of all such data.
- The Contractor shall be deemed to have inspected and examined the site and information available in connection therewith and to have satisfied himself fully before submitting his bid about the subsurface conditions, the hydrological and climatic conditions, the extent and nature of work and materials necessary for the completion of the works, the means of access to the site and accommodation he may require.
- He shall also be deemed to have obtained all necessary information regarding risks, contingencies and all other circumstances which may influence or affect the contract.
- General Responsibility of the Contractor The Contractor shall comply with the provisions of the Contract with due care and diligence design (to the extent provided for in the Contract) , execute, complete and maintain the works and remedy the defects in accordance with the provisions of the Contract.
- The Contractor shall provide all superintendence, labour, materials, plant, & Equipment and all other things, whether of a temporary or permanent nature, required in and for such design, execution, completion and maintenance of works and rectification of any defects, as directed by the Engineer or his Representative.
Site Operations and Methods of Construction:
- The Contractor shall take full responsibility for the adequacy, stability and safety of all site operations and method of construction. Provided that the Contractor shall not be responsible for the design and specifications of Permanent works or for the design or specifications of any temporary works provided by the Engineer.
- Where the Contract expressly provides that part of the Permanent Works shall be designed by the Contractor, he shall be fully responsible for that part of such works, notwithstanding any approval by the Engineer.
Programme of Work:
- The Contractor shall submit the programme for completion of work to the Engineer for his approval within 15 days from the date of receipt of letter of acceptance. Unless otherwise directed, the programme shall be in the form of Bar-Chart showing proposed execution of quantities of principal items of work.
- The programme shall be related to the capability of equipment proposed to be deployed and site conditions. The Contractor shall also provide in writing methodology for execution of major items of work as desired by the Engineer.
- The submission and approval of such a programme shall not relieve the Contractor of any of his duties or responsibilities or obligations under the contract. The Engineer shall have full power and authority during the progress of work, to issue such instructions as may be necessary for the proper and adequate execution of the work.
About IRCON International Limited:
- IRCON International Limited (IRCON), a Schedule “A” & Mini Ratna-I Central Public Sector Undertaking (CPSU), incorporated by the Ministry of Railways, Central government, under the Companies Act, 1956 on 28th April 1976 originally under the name Indian Railway Construction Company Limited.
- IRCON is an integrated engineering and construction company in India operating since last 44 years with specialization in major turnkey infrastructure projects, including Railways, Roads, Highways, Bridges, Flyovers, Tunnels, Aircraft maintenance hangars, Runways, EHV substations, Metro & MRT, and others.
Source: IRCON- Tender Update | Image Credit (representational): MoR