Indian Railway Stations Development Corporation Ltd. (IRSDC) has invited e-Request for Proposal (RFP) for leasing of land parcel for mixed-use development as a part of Bijwasan Railway Station development project.
- The total land area available for mixed used development is 18,000 Sqm. and is available for bidders on lease hold rights basis for a period upto 99 years.
- The approximate Built-Up Area (BUA) allowed for development is 50,233 Sqm.
- The station development tenders have already been awarded on ‘Engineering, Procurement and Construction’ (EPC) mode and at present the development work is in progress.
“The development of land parcel will offer provision for facilities like residential complex, hotel, retail, office spaces, commercial complex and markets, etc. which makes it attractive for real estate developer, it also offers huge economic benefits in terms of increased employment, reduced environmental pollution and overall improvement in living standard of people in the catchment area,” said S.K. Lohia, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, IRSDC.
- The development work at Bijwasan Railway Station is being done on the basis of ‘Transit Oriented Development’ (TOD) principles for compact, energy efficient and passenger friendly amenities.
- A ‘Memorandum of Understanding’ (MOU) with Delhi Development Authority was signed during December 2019 for redevelopment of Bijwasan Railway Station.
- The Bijwasan Station is also designated as ‘Integrated Directional Passenger Terminal’ as a part of the Master Plan for Delhi 2021.
Salient features of the project are:
- Location – behind the Taj Vivanta Hotel.
- Area of Land – 1.8 hectare.
- 540712 sq ft built up area allowed to be constructed in any proportion of mixed use.
- No Environmental clearance required prior to the start of the project.
- Long Term lease-rights of upto 99 years for real estate.
- No Change in Land use is required.
- IRSDC shall approve its master plan in consultation with local authorities in terms of power conferred under Section 11 of Railway Act, 1989.
- No Technical Eligibility. Only financial criteria required to be met.
- Highest Lease Premium shall be the Bid parameter which shall be payable in Three annual instalments.
- Alternate Investment Funds (AIF) or Foreign Investment Fund are also eligible to participate.
- PSUs/CPSEs of Central Govt./State Govt. and companies thereof having more than 50% of its paid up and subscribed shares by the Govt./Govt. Undertakings are exempted from any eligibility criteria.
The RFP Document can be accessed here: etenders.gov.in. The Pre-bid Meeting is scheduled on 15 April, 2021. And the last date to submit applications is 10 May, 2021.
For any other details, you are requested to read the RFP Document.
Indian Railway Stations Development Corporation Ltd. (IRSDC) is a Joint venture company of RLDA, RITES and IRCON. IRSDC is at the core of Indian Railways’ mission of transforming the country’s railway stations into world-class 24×7 hubs and is the Nodal Agency and the main Project Development Agency (PDA) for redevelopment of Railway stations. These redeveloped hubs will be called ‘Railopolis’, as it will attract huge investment and business opportunities.
To fast track the redevelopment of Railway Stations and harness true value of commercial development, following tools have been developed by IRSDC/MoR to streamline all processes for planning, designing, tendering, implementation and management of Railway Stations in India:-
- Model Agreements for Station redevelopment and Station Facility Management.
- Updation of Manual for Standards and Specifications for Railway Stations; brought out by MoR.
- Handbook for Master planning & Value Creation for Railway Station (Re) development.
- Harmonized Guidelines for Standards of Accessibility & Provisions of Facilities for Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan) in Indian Railways – by MoR
- Form based codes for Commercial Development within Railway Land, comprising of:-
- Codes for Station Area Layout Regulating Plans.
- Codes for Property Development Cards (Commercial Development).
- Codes for Architectural Design within Commercial Development.
- Codes for Green Buildings within Commercial Development.
- Handbook for Preparation of Layout Regulating Plans and Property Development Cards;
- Codes for upgradation of Heritage Railway Assets (For full project lifecycle);
With application of these tools developed by IRSDC, the availability of public areas in Railopolis shall increase thus making such redeveloped railway stations as true “City Centres’.
Source: IRSDC-Press Note | Image Credit: IRSDC