In continuation to the tender for Mixed Use Development on lease rights upto 99 years at Chandigarh railway station, the Indian Railway Stations Development Corporation (IRSDC) has now invited Request for Proposal (RFP) for the mixed use development on lease rights up to 99 years at Bijwasan Railway Station for the following land parcels:‐
- RFP No: IRSDC/HQ/RFP/2021/14/Bijwasan
- Name of work: Mixed Use Development on land parcel on lease hold rights basis at Bijwasan Railway Station for the purpose of station redevelopment – MU8 (1.8 ha).
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 15-Apr-2021
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 07-Apr-2021
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 10-May-2021
- Bid Submission Start Date: 19-Apr-2021
- Bid Submission End Date: 10-May-2021
- Bid Opening Date: 10-May-2021
About the project:
- Indian Railway Stations Development Corporation (“IRSDC” or “Authority”) has been approved by Government of India as the nodal agency for the development/redevelopment of all railway stations across Indian Railway network and the main project development agency.
- Indian Railway Stations Development Corporation Ltd. (“IRSDC” or “Authority”), a Special Purpose Vehicle under the Ministry of Railways, is promoted by Rail Land Development Authority (RLDA), IRCON and RITES for undertaking redevelopment of railway stations through various formats including monetization of surplus railway land parcels.
- Union Cabinet has also given powers for approving its plans under Section 11 of the Railways Act 1989. IRSDC shall consult urban local bodies/other statutory authorities while approving its plans so that the development is harmonious with surrounding development, generally following National Transit Oriented Development (TOD) Policy. No Change in Land Use is required pan India by Railways for developing railway land for commercial use.
- Further, Ministry of Finance (Department of Economic Affairs) vide gazette notification dated 17-10-2017 no. 13/1/2017-INF has given infrastructure status to station development including commercial infrastructure.
- Ministry of Railways vide letter no. 2011/LMB/22/1/39 dated 27-06-2012, entrusted Bijwasan railway station to RLDA for redevelopment through IRSDC. Further, vide letter no. 2020/SD-2/22/07/1 dated 01.05.2020, MoR entrusted land parcels at and around Bijwasan Railway Station to RLDA for Station Development and Commercial Development.
- RLDA being a statutory body is mandated for commercial development of identified surplus railway land assigned to it by the Ministry of across all Zonal Railways.
- RLDA and IRSDC have entered into an agreement dated 17.07.2014 in terms of which RDLA has granted to IRDSC the rights to undertake the development/ redevelopment Project on entrusted Railway stations/land in and around Railway Stations inter-alia for Bijwasan.
- Accordingly IRSDC, on behalf of RLDA, seeks participation of the entities (hereinafter referred to as “Bidder(s)” which expression shall, unless repugnant to the context, include the Members of the Consortium, if any) for the development of land parcel at Bijwasan Railway Station including inter alia all works related to, or incidental to, or required to be undertaken upon the project site in accordance with the provisions of the Lease Agreement and Applicable Laws, as required to be undertaken (the “Project”), and has decided to carry out the bidding process for selection of the Bidder as the Selected Bidder to whom the Project shall be awarded (“RFP”).
- The Project will be carried out by leveraging the real estate potential of the identified land parcel forming the project site.
- The land parcel details are as below:
|1||Land parcel to be offered||Land parcel||Sub Plot||Land Area (sqm)||Approximate BUA allowed (sqm)|
|2||Location||Bijwasan Railway Station|
|5||Railway Division||Delhi Division|
|6||Zonal Railway||Northern Railway|
Scope of work:
- The scope of work will broadly include the development of land parcels at Bijwasan Railway Station and on such site/s identified by the Authority and the operation and maintenance thereof.
- In terms of the Lease Agreement, the Lessee shall also be entitled to collect and appropriate the revenue generated there from.
- The Lease Agreement sets forth the detailed terms and conditions for grant of the contract to the Lessee, including the scope of the Lessee ’s services and obligations.
- The leasehold rights on Site are to be given for a period of 99 years as per terms and conditions of bid documents.
- IRSDC on behalf of RLDA, has invited bids from the interested eligible Bidders through RFP No. IRSDC/HQ/RFP/2021/14/Bijwasan uploaded on CPP Portal.
Bijwasan Railway Station Redevelopment:
Bijwasan is an existing station on Delhi-Rewari line of Indian Railways network, proposed to be redeveloped as a world-class station in the National Capital Region of Delhi near Dwarka.
- After planned development and integration with existing modes of transport, Bijwasan Station shall serve as a much needed station and terminal facility to the catchment area consisting of Gurgaon, Dwarka, parts of West Haryana and also some parts of South Delhi.
- Bijwasan Railway Station will be catering to a vast population traveling towards West of India covering the states of Rajasthan, Gujarat, and Maharashtra etc.
The benefits from the project are:
- This will be an exclusive transit interchange facility in the South-West region of NCT of Delhi, which shall bring about huge savings in time and cost of the facility users and therefore, will be a major place of attraction in terms of footfalls.
- The project shall provide a World-class station infrastructure with various facilities for the convenience of its users.
- The commercial development alongside the station development will lead to provision of other facilities like hotel, retail, office spaces, commercial complex and markets etc.
- This project shall have huge economic benefits in terms of increased employment,reduced environmental pollution and overall improvement in the living standard of thein the catchment area of the project.
- Indian Railway Stations Development Corporation Ltd. (IRSDC) is a Joint venture company of RLDA, RITES and IRCON. IRSDC is at the core of Indian Railway’s mission of transforming the country’s railway stations into world-class 24×7 hubs and is the Nodal Agency and the main Project Development Agency (PDA) for redevelopment of Railway stations. These redeveloped hubs will be called ‘Railopolis’, as it will attract huge investment and business opportunities.
- To fast track the redevelopment of Railway Stations and harness true value of commercial development, following tools have been developed by IRSDC/MoR to streamline all processes for planning, designing, tendering, implementation and management of Railway Stations in India:-
- Model Agreements for Station redevelopment and Station Facility Management;
- Updation of Manual for Standards and Specifications for Railway Stations; brought out by MoR.
- Handbook for Master planning & Value Creation for RailwayStation (Re)development.
- Harmonized Guidelines for Standards of Accessibility & Provisions of Facilities for Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan) in Indian Railways – by MoR.
- Form based codes for Commercial Development within Railway Land, comprising of:-
- Codes for Station Area Layout Regulating Plans.
- Codes for Property Development Cards (Commercial Development).
- Codes for Architectural Design within Commercial Development.
- Codes for Green Buildings within Commercial Development.
- Handbook for Preparation of Layout Regulating Plans and Property Development Cards.
- Codes for upgradation of Heritage Railway Assets (For full project lifecycle).
The above documents will be available at the website https://www.etenders.gov.in/eprocure/app.
Source: IRSDC-Tender | Image Credit: IRSDC