J. Kumar Infraprojects Limited (JKIL), a pure play EPC company having a niche in construction of Urban Infra Projects including Metros, Flyover, bridges etc. announced its Unaudited Financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2022
Performance highlights for Q1 FY23:
- Revenue from Operations for Q1 FY23 grew by 47% to ₹ 994 crores as compared to ₹ 675 crores in Q1 FY22.
- EBIDTA for Q1 FY23 stood at ₹ 140 crores as compared to ₹ 97 crores in Q1 FY22. EBIDTA margin for Q1 FY23 stood at 14.1%.
- PBT for Q1 FY23 grew by 96% to ₹ 84 crores as compared to ₹ 43 crores in Q1 FY22. PBT margin for Q1 FY23 stood at 8.4% as compared to 6.3% in Q1 FY22.
- PAT for Q1 FY23 grew by 93% to ₹ 62 crores as compared to ₹ 32 crores in Q1 FY22. PAT margin for Q1 FY23 stood at 6.2% as compared to 4.8% in Q1 FY22.
- The Company continued its focus on working capital management and quality of order book.
- Our Total Order book as on June 30, 2022 stood at ₹ 12,095 crores. The order book inter alia includes Metro projects (elevated and underground) contributing ~ 57%, while Flyover, Bridges & Roads projects contributes ~35%.
Other Key Updates:
- Awarded project from IRCON amounting to ₹ 1,068 crores (excluding GST) in Q1 FY23.
- Awarded Sewer Tunnel – Phase I from Don Bosco to New Malad IPS project from MCGM amounting to ₹ 510 crores (excluding GST) in JV, where JKIL share is ₹ 306 crores in Q2 FY23.
On the performance Mr. Kamal J. Gupta, Managing Director commented, “We are excited to deliver another quarter of healthy performance with stable EBIDTA margins and debt levels. We are witnessing strong execution momentum across our projects and are focussed to creating value for all our stakeholders.
We are witnessing pick up in new projects awarded. The year FY23 has started on a positive note with projects awarded to the tune of ₹ 1,374 Crores. Our robust execution capabilities coupled with a strong repository of asset base enabling efficient execution reflected in strong revenue growth.
The strong impetus from the Government on pushing infrastructure development projects in the recent budget announcement alongside pandemic induced incentives and favourable policies such as lowering of bank guarantee requirement, faster clearance of bills and speedier clearances/approvals are very positive for the sector and overall economy.
With strong financial and technical metrics, we envisage becoming a $1bn revenue company by FY27. Our continued focus on adding and diversifying project portfolios that involve sound technical capabilities, we are optimistic that this will help keep our margins healthy. We at JKIL always work towards successful execution of continuing projects with a scope to scale up further.
With the sustained order inflow and our expertise in executing and delivering projects on time we are optimistic that we shall witness a healthy and sustainable growth. The Company has sufficient cash as well as unutilised working capital facilities to undertake large projects and also to ramp up execution of existing projects.”
About J. Kumar Infraprojects Limited:
- J. Kumar Infraprojects Ltd, is one of the few EPC companies to conform to ISO standards “ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 & OHSAS 18001:2007” for Quality Management Systems, Occupational Health and Safety Management System and Environmental Management System.
- JKIL has developed a niche in construction of Urban Infra Projects including Metros, Flyover, bridges etc. It is renowned for undertaking design and construction projects on a turnkey basis meeting their clients’ requirements to effect.
- JKIL is focused on EPC projects, having a strong foothold in various sectors like Urban Infrastructure, Transportation Engineering, Piling & Civil Construction etc.
Source: J. Kumar Infraprojects -Press Release | Image Credit (representational): J.Kumar Infraprojects