The Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) has issued LoA (Letter of Acceptance) to M/s. J. Kumar Infraprojects Limited for the work: Part Design and Construction of Balance Works of Package CA04R Elevated Viaduct and 10 Elevated Stations viz. ESIC Nagar, Prem Nagar, Indira Nagar, Nanavati Hospital, Khira Nagar, Saraswat Nagar, National College, Bandra Income Tax Office & ILFS [excluding Architectural Finishing & Pre-Engineered Steel & Roof Structure of stations] from Chainage 34035.873 m to Chainage 46860.384 m of Line 2B [D.N. Nagar to Mandale] of Mumbai Metro Rail Project of MMRDA.
- Contract Value: Rs. 1307.88 Crores
- Completion period of the Work: 30 months
About Mumbai Metro Line 2B:
- Metro Line 2B from D N Nagar to Mandale is 23.643 km. long elevated corridor with 20 stations.
- It will provide interconnectivity among the existing Western Express Highway, Eastern Express Highway, Western Railway, Central Railway, Mono Rail, Metro Line 1 (Ghatkopar to Versova) and Metro Line 2A (Dahisar to D N Nagar), Metro Line 4 (Wadala to Kasarvadavali) & Metro Line 3 (Colaba to SEEPZ) under implementation.
- It will provide connectivity between the Eastern & Western Suburban Mumbai.
- This Metro line will provide rail based access to the commercial, Govt. bodies and geographical landmarks in Mumbai.
- Dedicated Depot is planned at Mandale in up to an extent of 22 Ha. land area.
- Length: 23.643 km (Elevated)
- Stations: 20 Nos. (All Elevated)
- Project completion cost: Rs. 10,986 Crore
Interchange stations for Metro:-
- D N Nagar (Line 1 & Line 2A)
- BKC (Line 3)
- Monorail (Chembur)
- Eastern Express Highway (Line 4)
About J. Kumar Infraprojects:
J.Kumar Infraprojects Ltd, is one of the few EPC companies to conform to ISO standards “ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 & OHSAS 18001:2007” for Quality Management Systems, Occupational Health and Safety Management System and Environmental Management System.
- JKIL has developed a niche in construction of Urban Infra Projects including Metros, Flyover, bridges etc.
- It is renowned for undertaking design and construction projects on a turnkey basis meeting their clients’ requirements to effect.
- JKIL is focused on EPC projects, having a strong foothold in various sectors like Urban Infrastructure, Transportation Engineering, Piling & Civil Construction etc.
Source: J. Kumar Infraprojects-News | Image Credit: MMRDA