M/s Jindal Steel & Power Ltd. has bagged a contract from Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Ltd., (BMRCL) for the Supply of 60 E1 880 Grade Rails as per Indian Railways Specification T-12-2009 for Bangalore Metro Rail Project, Phase-2.
- Tender No.: BMRCL/Phase-2/60E1 880 GRADE RAILS/RT01/2020/68
- Name of the Work: Supply of 60E1 880 Grade Rails as per Indian Railway Specification T-12-2009 for Bangalore Metro Rail Project, Phase-2.
- Completion period of Work: 12 months
- Awarded Value of Contract: INR 380,682,000.00
In July last year, the BMRCL had invited online open e-tenders for the work Tender No.: BMRCL/Phase-2/60E1 880 GRADE RAILS/RT01/2020/68.
The Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited is a joint venture enterprise of Government of India and Government of Karnataka entrusted with the responsibility of implementation of Bangalore Metro Rail project.
- The Phase-1 of the project which is already under operation consists of 42.3 km with 40 stations.
- The East West Corridor has 18.2 km and North South Corridor has 24.10 Km.
- The underground section, which is 8.80 km, has got seven stations including the interchange station of Majestic.
- The Phase-2 of Bangalore Metro Rail Project consists of Four Extensions to the existing lines and Two New Lines with a total length of 72.095 km and 61 stations (49 Elevated and 12 Underground).
JSPL is a leading Indian Infrastructure Conglomerate with a presence in the steel, power, and mining sectors. With an investment of approximately 12 billion USD (90,000 Crore Rupees) across the globe, the Company is continuously scaling its capacity utilization and efficiencies to contribute towards building a self-reliant India.
Source: BMRCL-Tender update | Image credit (Representational): HMRL